Sunday 29 May 2011

Captain Edwin

Hi guys!  My how this week has flown - it's Sunday again!  Well, I have another card made using one of the fabulous stamps I got from SSS - Captain Edwin...
...isn't he just adorable?!  As I've said before, I love making boys cards and this was no exception.  Out came my Boys2Men disc and I printed off the treasure map, skull and cross bones and pirate text papers, and the scroll, treasure chest and anchor embellishments too - just perfect for with this little man!  I coloured Edwin using my Promarkers, then cut him out and mounted him on oval and scalloped oval nesties...
...all edges were inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink to give an aged look, then I added string lace, that I cut the bound edges off to make it look like rigging and finished with a couple of pearl stars coloured with Promarkers.  A touch of glitter on his hat and the treasure, and job done...
Hope you're all having a good Bank Holiday weekend and that the sun is shining with you, coz it's grey, wet and miserable here in Wales - roll on summer!  Thanks for looking once again and happy crafting!  Lisa X

I'm entering this card into the following challenges :
White, cream and brown
Happy Birthday
Something Sentimental
Use a die cut
(oval nesties)

2 comments:

coops said...

fantastic card lisa.fab pirate edwin and i love your colours and stunning details :D

xx coops xx

Sharon said...

What wonderful colouring Edwin look very handsome! I love the layout of your card too :)

Thanks for joining us at Colour Create!

Sharon x