Saturday, 7 May 2011

Challenge card

Hi guys!  I finally got chance to sit at my extremely untidy craft table and have a play!  I have been wanting to try and enter a few more challenges, so made this creation to enter into the Wild Orchid Challenge, Simon Says Stamp and Papertake Weekly challenges...
...the image was from Arthur's Free Clipart and I paper pieced the little boy and girl's clothing to fit in with SSS challenge criteria - I also did some faux stitching around the edge of the card, so ended up covering both their criteria of paper piecing or piercing!  Wild Orchid Craft Challenge wanted White + 2 colours with a twist - roses had to feature, so I used a white with blue and yellow colour scheme (for a girl who doesn't 'do' yellow, I'm doing well!).  The roses are WOC - I didn't have any small yellow roses, so coloured some cream ones with my Buttercup Promarker, using the chisel end just colouring the tips, so they were almost two-tone...
...I loved the little sentiment I found and thought it fitted the image rather well...
...Papertake Weekly was Anything Goes, so that was easy!  Thanks for looking and hope you take inspiration!  Happy Crafting!  Lisa X

Challenges I'm entering :
WHITE + 2 WITH A TWIST
PAPER PIECING OR PIERCING
ANYTHING GOES

6 comments:

coops said...

fantastic card lisa.i love the image and sentiment and your colours and details are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Lena Katrine said...

This is soooo beautiful!!!
Thanks for joining us at WOC #22!
Hugs, Lena

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Your card is gorgeous, I love the colour combo and the image you have used.

Thank you so much for joining us a Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo x

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Many congratulations, you have won our challenge over at Simon Says Challenge. Could you please email us so we can tell you how you can claim your prize.

Hugs,

Jo x

coops said...

huge congrats lisa on winning the simon says stamp challenge.happy spending hun :D

xx coops xx

minerva said...

See why u won - this is just fabulous - well done girl!