Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Hello again!

Hi guys, I'm back again!  I would have posted last night, only mother nature decided to give us a little light show, so I turned the computer off!

I'm entering another challenge again!   Wild Orchid Challenge blog has a sketch with the theme 'Mums are special', so I decided to make a card to enter...
...I used the sketch, but with a twist, by creating a front step card rather than just a plain square one.  I came across this sentiment whilst hopping around cyberspace and it made me think of my youngest...
  ...he's a very affectionate child and quite often will tell you he loves you, just for no reason, followed by how much he loves you...more than all the stars and all the planets in all the universe, is a regular one!  So, when I saw this, I wanted to make a card that if I could make one from him to me, this would be it!  In case it's not too visible, the sentiment reads :  "Mum - I luv you more than squishy hugs & ladybugs, butterflies and ice cream pies.  I luv you more than cupcakes, snakes and fishy lakes, and dare I say it - birthday cake!"
The papers were from my Up, up and Away pad - I just love these papers!  Wild orchid roses, which are never a chore to use!  Nellie Snellen border die, Martha Stewart leaf punch, Walnut Distress Stain and blue polka dot ribbon.  Hope you like it as much as I do!  Thanks again for looking!  Lisa X
I'm entering this card into :
Sketch 'Mum's are special'
Give us a quote/sentiment
Anything goes

7 comments:

Hazel said...

I love your card. Make the most of your son giving you lots of hugs. I had two like that and then the younger one stopped when he was about ten. He has never kissed me since and he's forty now. Is very affectionate in other ways but doesn't kiss or hug. Hazel x

CraftyC said...

This is so sweet Ella and the sentiment is just beautiful. A lovely card!
Clairexx

minerva said...

Gorgeous - love that little guy .... can I? Can I?

Janette said...

Brilliant card, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

A fabulous card,thankyou for joining us on this week's challenge at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

coops said...

fantastic card lisa.i love the fab shape and your colours and image are gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa, I love that sentiment! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz!

Hugs, Dawn