Sunday 3 July 2011

First place!

No card tonight, but I thought I'd share a picture of my little man in his costume for the village Carnival, yesterday...
...the theme for the float was Welsh myths and Legends, so I made him a King Arthur costume - it took me a whole day to make, but was worth it when he came first in his age category!  I thought he looked fabulous, even though I'm biased!  He also came first in the Art Competiton, winning himself some Crayola colouring pens (so he won't need my Promarkers anymore!).  We had a lovely afternoon, the weather was fantastic (for a change) and the people turned out in their droves - there were 3 floats, Robin Hood, Friar Tuck and his band of merrymen, a couple of Sumo wrestlers, eco fashionistas (who's costumes were made from recycled marterials) and many more!  The water balloons and pistols gave everyone a good cooling off, then it was on to the field for sandwiches, sideshows and judging - not a bad way to spend a summer's, Saturday afternoon!

I'll hopefully have a card to share sometime this week, though I have design work and card orders to do, so I'd better get my finger out!  Thanks for looking, enjoy your week and let's hope this weather lasts!  Lisa

2 comments:

coops said...

aw he looks fantastic lisa and congrats on his wins ;D

xx coops xx

Chris said...

Where's your plus one button?
If every anything on Google+ needed a +1 this is it!