Friday 18 May 2012

I can now tell...

...Good afternoon, Blogland!  For those of you that have been eagle eyed and noticed the blinkie at the top left of my sidebar will know, last month I had 2 projects published in the April/May issue of Designed to Color!  As a month has now passed (don't know where it went to, mind you!?) I can share the projects on my little blog, too...

..The first project was an altered art one (as I said, I'm loving turning a bit of old household rubbish into something beautiful)...
...The image was Chloe in the Rain from Pink Gem Designs and she was coloured with Promarkers and 3D paper pieced.  The container was an old Pringles pot, which I decorated and cut a slit in the lid to take coins.
...My second project was a card made using the lovely Krista's (Saturated Canary) freebie Canary Love...
...I took so long over the colouring of this image and was so pleased with the result!  The papers were a freebie from Raspberry Road, called Rose Garden Collection.  If you would like to know the Promarker colours used in my projects you can see them in the April/May issue of Designed to Color on pages 11 and 21.  I feel so privileged to have had my work published - it is such a boost to know that other people like your work enough to want to show it off too!  I'd just like to say a big 'thank you' to Carisa, Lizzie and the girls over at DtoC for starting such a wonderful magazine devoted to colouring and for allowing me to show my work in their fabulous pages!  They now have a new blog here and are starting a monthly challenge to tie in with their issue, so why not get your colours out and have a go...I will be!!  Thanks for dropping by and have  a great weekend!  Lisa x

7 comments:

coops said...

absolutely thrilled to bits for you lisa.your projects looked fantastic in the mag, i keep meaning to submit but i need more hours in the day,lol

xx coops xx

kitty said...

Wow these are fab - I love what you have done with the pringles tin - congrats on being published - well done you. from Kitty x

Elise said...

Wowwwww, these are GORGEOUS! Your colouring is absolutely STUNNING!!! Congratulations on being published .. very well deserved!!! I love them!

Hugs,
Elise

Annette said...

Hi. I discovered your blog tonight when browsing for golf images as I have a few tricky cards to make over the next month. I've just bought our Boys 2 Men CD as I think it will help me with at least three of them, and your samples are stunning. Looking forward to receiving it and getting started x

Meesh said...

Hi Lisa,
Two gorgeous projects... beautifully coloured too! Congrats on being published, how exciting for you! :)

Thanks for popping my blog and commenting, it's much appreciated :)

Hugs, Meesh. xx

xashee's corner said...

wanted to say thank you for sharing your fun & creative ideas! i used the tool box idea for my Father's day card and it came out great first! (will get better each time too) have an awesome Sunday and thanks again!

trigger robbie said...

Hiii! After I spoke with you this morning I just had to google your blog!!I love it Lisa!! It's all fab stuff! Well done you! Cerys X