Wednesday 26 September 2012

Ha, ha...two posts in one day!

Well how about this?!  I'm back again to share a card with you (at last, I know!)  I decided to sit at my crafty table and have a play, to make a card to enter into a couple of challenges and this is what I came up with...
...I'm really pleased with the way it turned out, though it took a while (about 2 hours) and I thoroughly enjoyed colouring this pretty Saturated Canary image - Jules.  The background is embossed with Love Letter Sizzix Texturz Plate and inked with Victorian Velvet DI, then I added 4 of the Memory box Madera corner dies, highlighted with diamantes.  I mounted the image onto an oval nestie with scalloped oval behind and added 2 of my new Joy Crafts Floral Flourishes Heart...Cotton lace, pink satin ribbon and double bow, a touch of Glamour Dust and a simple sentiment finished off.  I used a Martha Stewart Punch around the Page punch to create the card base...I love Mandy's cards done like this over at A Sprinkling of Glitter, the only pain is that they're too big for a standard envelope, so I'll have to make a box...though I think it'll be worth it!  I coloured the image using Promarkers and Flexmarkers :
Skin : Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Dusky Pink, Satin (as usual!)
Hair : Walnut, Cinnamon, Spice, Honeycomb (I went for a change and went Auburn with this one!)
Clothes : Antique Pink, Dusky Rose, Pale Pink, Pale Blossom FM
Olive Green, Pear Green, Lime Green, Lime Zest, Ivory
Shoes : Walnut, Cinnamon, Tan, Light Fawn FM
Cat : Cool Grey 2, 1, Soft Mauve FM, Blossom
I'm entering this card into the following challenges :
Damask or Swirls
(I've used swirl embossing and swirl corener dies, plus theres swirls in her petticoat and hair!)
Anything Goes
For the Love of Sparkle
(I have Glamour Dust glitter on her petticoat and diamantes on the background)
Colour Challenge #23 Pink and Green
#4 Embossing
(There is dry embossing on the background)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such Lovely Work!!! Thanks for joining us over at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

Christine L said...

Hi Ella

Your card is beautiful with such a fabulous SC image (I tend to love all Krista's images)... and you've coloured her so well! Fabulous embossed background too... perfect for our challenge.

Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink.. hope to see you again soon!

Hugs
Christine x
ITP

~*Joni said...

Thank you so much for joining us in our damask/swirls challenge over at Raise The Bar this week!
~*Joni RTB DT

Mandy said...

Oh wow Ella your card absolutely gorgeous, really pretty and such beautiful colouring and that is my favourite PATP. Thanks so much for linking to my blog that is so sweet of you and I totally agree about the boxes being a pain, I guess there's no point me inviting you round to make boxes then lol :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Mandy said...

Sorry hunny I should have said Lisa not Ella, duh lol xx