Friday 10 June 2011

Simon Says...Let's get Fruity

Hi guys!  Had a play today to make a card for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge, which has a theme of Let's get Fruity with a photo inspiration...
...so, I decided to draw myself a nice fruity sundae to use on my card...
...I was really pleased with the way it turned out - it looks good enough to eat...
..I coloured the image with my Promarkers, then highlighted with Glossy Accents and Glamourdust.  The frilly frame was made using the Die-namics crochet border attached to the back of the edges of the red matt, I have to admit, it was just the perfect size without me measuring (not very often that happens!)  I had also drawn the large strawberries and leaves as an embellishment, so coloured and cut these out, then highlighted again with Glossy Accents (the only thing using it on red is that it changed the colour to a more orange tone)
 ...The silver spoon charm was from my stash - I'd forgotten all about them TBH and they literally fell out of the cupboard whilst I was getting something else!  The red gingham paper was one I made myself, especially for this card - I had tried other papers, but they just wouldn't work.  I stitched around the edge of the gingham matt, although it doesn't show very well in the photo, I straight stitched with red cotton (which I coloured with my Poppy Red pen), then blanket stitched with white (Carole, eat your heart out!).  The large rose is from WOC and the small pink flowers from Hobbycraft, the little doily I got from a pub whilst in South Wales, after being served our drinks on them (the half on the front of the card reminds me of the fan wafers that you get in ice cream sundaes, so I thought, fits the theme well)...
...I'm really into decorating the inside of my cards at the moment - something I've noticed a few people do - and this card was simply an easel card turned on it's side so that when opened, the front and back sit parallel with one another - just another way to use a versatile fold.
Hope you like it as much as I do...after making it, I popped out to the garden to pick some whopper strawberries of my own - you can't beat the taste of home grown!  Until next time, happy crafting and have a great weekend!  Lisa X
I'm entering this card into the following challenges :
Let's get Fruity!
Summer
Anything Goes

4 comments:

coops said...

stunning card lisa.your drawing is fantastic and i love the scrummy colours and details :D

xx coops xx

dianne.nash said...

Fantastic card Lisa. Loving the silver spoon embelishment. Beautiful detail as always.

Kelly Latevola said...

Lisa you should be happy with the way this card came out! I mean WOW girlie this is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly!

Janie Printz said...

Oh my word, but you color pretty !!! This is just unbelivable & I am the most impressed with your talent ... Amazing piece of work my friend.
Hugs, Janie