Friday 30 September 2011

What a week!

....Lost the first half of this week thanks to a horrendous stomach bug, which had me laid up in bed for over 24 hours!  Managed to eat something proper yesterday and thank goodenss, I'm back to normal today (if I ever was!?!)  I can't believe that I also missed out on 3 glorious days of sunshine - summer arrived at last, at the end of September!  Mind you, I don't suppose I would have seen much of it anyway, as I have been flat out trying to get samples done for Sunday at Leigh Show - if you're going, I'd love if you come and say hi!  Leigh show is always crammed to the gunnels with every cardmaking product you could imagine (just remember to take the credit card!) and it's reasonable to get in too!  Visit their website here for more details.

So anyhow, I received a lovely jiffy bag in the post today, with my new Tilda Christmas Party stamp that I got using my $25 voucher, that I won from Simon Says Stamp.  I didn't really have time to be playing and even now, I should be packing discs and samples ready for the weekend, but I had to ink her up and have a go!  So here's what I made...
...(I know, not the best of photos again!)  Instead of a card, I decided to make a gift tag - I used some scraps of paper left over from my sample making (the postbox xmas language paper and lantern music paper) and just added what ever took my fancy, really!  I found some fuzzy fibres in my ribbon scrap tin and glittered up some delicate lace, fan folded a half of a doily, then added some of the wooden snowflakes that I got at my last visit to Crafts4U.  The last of my Safmat sentiments got used, some lovely rose embossed ribbon and a couple of pearls that came with my stamp as a freebie...ooh, I do love a freebie!  Thanks SSS!...
...I coloured Tilda with my Promarkers - think she needs a few fashion tips from Trinny and Susannah, I mean, a green and red striped skirt?!  Liked how her hair turned out, mind!  Oh, we are our own worst critics, but not bad for a first go!  This may make it's way onto a card by next week - who knows?!  Maybe not...
Well, thanks for popping by and a big hi to my latest followers, Gio and Melissa - thank you ladies for taking the time to follow my little blog and I hope you find inspiration!

P.S.  Me and Mum will be up at Craft-Landudno next Thursday, 6th October to do a demo day with the 12 Cards of Christmas Cd-Rom, so if you're in the area, why not pop by?

1 comment:

coops said...

fantastic tag lisa.i love the sweet tilda and your rich colours and details are stunning.:D
sorry to hear you have been unwell, take it easy.

xx coops xx