Saturday 19 January 2013

Housework? Just sweep the room with a glance...

Aaaagghhh!!  Don't know how the heck I managed it, but I just spent 20 minutes writing my blog post only to somehow delete all the content and blogger to kindly save as draft for me at the precise same moment and so I am now starting all over again!!

I hope you are all safe and warm after the snow that hit a lot of the UK yesterday - we woke to a Winter wonderland (or should that be Arctic blizzard!).  The boys were both off school and took advantage to go sledging with their mates...the worst thing about snow is that it's cold and wet!!  I spent most of my time trying to keep the house warm, mopping up wet footprints and drying clothes on the radiators in preparation for the second and third venture outside!  The snow was so light, like icing sugar, that the wind would pick it all up and blow it everywhere causing a white out - you literally couldn't see in front of you!  Little man came in with a bright red face apart from white circles around his eyes where he'd had sunglasses on!  It's much calmer here today with just a few flurries, but boy is it cold!!  It froze hard overnight, so the snow has now compacted and turned to ice, making venturing outside treacherous - not that I have, unless you count going to the doorstep for milk!

Anyway, I'm back because I have a card to share....because the snow was so bad yesterday, I sat by the fire and stamped and coloured a few images, then spent the afternoon crafting - it was nice just to craft for the enjoyment of it, something I haven't been able to do for a while and something I'm hoping to do more of.  So, here it is...
...I actually managed to colour my image with a paper pad in mind (normally I just sit colouring and then spend my time cursing that I can't find a paper to match...I know?!).  The image is Belle Hoovering by Belles n Whistles, coloured with Promarkers and the paper pads I used are First Editions Isabella and Desert Blooms...
...The base card is a Z card, or sideways easel, I like the way that these cards look when they're open as the front and back sit parallel to one another..just a bit different...
...I dug out what little flowers I have left (I feel a shopping trip to WOC coming on!) and found these coordinating mulberry paper rose and crysanthemums and filled in with some small punched paper flowers...
...Inspired by the lovely Tara Godfrey at Inking on the Edge (this girl's cards are amazing and I get such paper envy whenever I visit her blog!) I stamped and decorated the inside to match...and there you have it!  I really like the finished result and throughly enjoyed colouring and making it!
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges :
Anything Goes
#151 Layer it Up!

This card is for sale in my Etsy Shop

3 comments:

coops said...

so stunning lisa.really fabulous papers and design and i love your colours and sweet image ;D

xx coops xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant card love your sentiment,thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny X

WeirdCat said...

Fab card, and my motto as a sentiment, brilliant, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x