Friday 17 January 2014

Wee Stamps Hopeful...

Good evening, my lovelies and I hope you are all well and ready for the weekend?!  I was going to post this little creation this morning, but don't really know what happened, the day just seemed to run away with me...I wouldn't mind if I had something to show for it, but apart from a pile of ironing and a slightly tidier craft table, it looks like I haven't achieved much else, but I've been busy all day!?!  Anyway...
...whilst browsing in the Wee Stamps shop over the festive period, I came across this little darling and just had to have her, if only for her hair!...
...This is Hopeful - isn't she the sweetest?!  I adore her hair and though it took quite a while to colour, I thoroughly enjoyed doing it!  The papers I used are from First Edition Isabelle and Dreamcatcher pads and I also used SB Labels Three, Marianne flourish and Cheery Lyn's Exotic Butterflies...
...I coloured Hopeful with my Pro/Flexmarkers and was quite pleased with the results...even if I do say so myself!  If you're a Letrasetter, like me, here's the list of colours I used :
Hair - Sandstone, Caramel, Cocoa, Umber (one of my fave combos)
Skin - Blush, Dusky Pink, Sunkissed Pink, Coral
Top - Soft Mauve, Lavender, Orchid, Wild Orchid, Champagne, Sandstone, Caramel
Trousers - Soft Aqua, Aquamarine, Duck Egg, Surf Blue, Tea Rose, Watermelon, Antique Pink
Lantern - Buttercup, Mustard, Gold, Ivory, Honeycomb, Pumpkin, Mandarin
...I fussy cut Hopeful, leaving a white border and added her with foam pads, finishing with a touch of glitter (though it doesn't show in the pics) and some small pearls.
I've been watching a few Promarker YouTube videos and think I may need some fine nibs for adding extra detail and shading...that's something else to add to my ever expanding list!  However...I have been a very lucky girl so far this year and have won a £10 voucher for Classy Crafts with Creative Inspirations Challenge, which has invested in a lovely Marianne button flower and white embossing powder, I won a fab bunch of charms over at The Ribbon Girl blog and then got Top 3 at MilkCoffee which meant I could choose a free digi!  How awesome is that?!  I just hope my streak of luck continues!
Well, that's it from me for tonight, I hope you've enjoyed seeing my new crafty creation and don't forget there's still time to join in with our 'Just a Fairytale' challenge over at the Passion for Promarkers Challenge blog!  See you soon!
Hugs,
Lisa x
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges :
New (until Sun 26th)
(I've used my new digi, Hopeful)
Pink & Girly (until Wed 22nd)
Girly (until Tues 21st)

9 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Lisa. Such a pretty image and your colouring is fabulous. I love the papers and layout too.
Well done on all your challenge wins!
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Claire Grantham said...

Lovely card, I love the image and the wings. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week. Claire MAWTT DT

Jane said...

She is beautiful Lisa and your hair colouring is fab...I love those colours. Well done with your wins and enjoy the weekend. Guess what. ...it's raining again here. Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, I wish I could colour hair like that but I just don't know where to start!? I'm not very good with the pens, need more practice ;)

Hugs
Vicki x

Melanie said...

A gorgeous card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "New” challenge & good luck in the draw…
Hope to see you again in our next challenge.

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Creative Craft Challenges)

Candy C said...

Hi Lisa. I love your card! I am so fascinated by anyone who can color those stamped characters so perfectly. That is a true art! Love your dimensional butterfly, too. I love butterflies! Your card layout is also very pretty..love the layers of die cut pieces. I also wanted to take a second to thank you so very much for your very sweet comment that you let on my blog. I read every one of them and your thoughts mean so much to me. It makes me so happy to know that my art has made a connection with you. It was such fun being on Simon Says Stamp's Design Team. Here's to 2014 and hopefully a very creative year for all of us! <3 Candy

coops said...

so gorgeous lisa.i love your beautiful soft colours and really pretty image and design ;D

xx coops xx

Donna Mosley said...

This is so gorgeous Lisa, love the beautifully coloured image and very pretty design.

Donna x

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, isn't she just the cutest little image! I've got her as well and (ahem) a few others! But I've not coloured any of them just yet - still working my way up to it! Fabulous card as well - lovely papers and colour combo.

Boy you are lucky with the challenges! Wanna chuck some luck this way????

Hope you have a good week,
Sarah

PS - Love the minions!!!