Saturday 13 December 2014

Embossed cards...

Good afternoon, dear Bloggers!  I'm popping in to share the cards that I made for the girls at our workshop.  I needed a simple design that wouldn't take long as even if a card only takes half an hour to make, times that by 9 and that's four and a half hours!!  After a bit of deliberation, I decided to go with embossed cards and a drybrush technique using white emulsion - we've done the technique a couple of times in class and it went down well, so I dug out my folders...
...I inked the card first with Bundled Sage and Dusty Concord, then embossed before dry brushing with white emulsion in a crosshatch motion to give it a soft, vintage feel and a slight fabric texture...
...I mounted the embossed panels onto gold card and adhered to the card bases which are just C6 ones then finished with some glitter and pearls. Et voila!...nine cards a waiting...hope the girls like them despite being a bit of a last minute thing!  (If any of you are reading this, then I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and look forward to seeing you all in the New Year!  Hugs, Lisa x)
I'll be back tomorrow to share the last workshop makes of 2014! Until then, have a great Saturday!
Crafty hugs,

2 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These are fabulous, a simple design but very effective none the less. I hope you have a very enjoyable Christmas too however you are celebrating it and hope that the New Year brings Health and Happiness and a few more hours in each day for you :)
Hugs,
Lorraine

Jane said...

What a great make Lisa...your ladies must have been delighted. Embossing is such a cool tecnique. Hugs xx