Friday 13 February 2015

More new samples!...

Good afternoon, dear Blogging buddies! I am on sample overload, making cards to share for the launch of my next papercraft disc, Animal Antics... the gallery is completed and production has begun, so I get a few days to play! The first card I have to share is one using the cow image...
...I printed off one of the image toppers and added some grass with my Pro/Flexmarkers in various shades of green.  I then cut around the muzzle of the cow with a craft knife so that I could slide the fence die cut underneath and have him looking over the fence!  The fence and windmill are from a Heartfelt Creations die set called Rustic Western Elements which I picked up in the sale over at IconUK with a tenner off!  I cut the fence from brown cardstock, embossed and then inked in the die with Vintage Photo DI.  The windmill was cut from grey cardstock and inked with Weathered Wood DI...
...I used the Bird chevron paper for the background and added some clouds from embellishment sheet 2 (I have an obsession with clouds at the moment and would put them on every project if I could!) The sentiment is from the cow set and reads, 'It's your Birthday...party 'til the cows come home!'  I finished the inside with the plain 5x7 insert from the Horse set and typed in 'Many Happy Returns'.
Hope you like my bovine creation...I really like this card, it makes me smile....and it has clouds on it too! Might have to make another one with the horse looking over the fence?! Have a wonderful afternoon and I'll be back tomorrow with another sample share!
Hugs,
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges :
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
All Creatures Great and Small until 17th
Craft your Passion
Always Anything Goes until 15th
Open-minded Crafting Fun
No Pink and No Red closes today
That Craft Place
Anything Goes until tomorrow
Crafting from the Heart
Always Anything Goes until 15th

12 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a great design Lisa, the image and die cuts work together beautifully. A fab card, will look forward to tomorrow for the next instalment.
Lorraine

Ali said...

Aww thats great!! Trying to think of a cow pun but its just not happening lol xxx

Jacee said...

Great design, love that cow!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

PharmacyMichele said...

Great card, can't wait to see more from the new CD.

Michele

Pat said...

Lisa, I love how you set a scene for your image and let it stretch past the "borders." Thanks for playing in the Craft Your Passion challenge this month!

Heather said...

A fantastic card Lisa, a gorgeous design and lovely papers, your cow is just adorable and beautifully coloured..........I love the great due-cuts!!!

Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! That cow is too cute! Great design!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Hath said...

Beautiful design. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafting from the Heart - good luck!

coops said...

so stunning lisa.i love your image and fabulous scene you have created ;D

xx coops xx

Rebecca Wong said...

This is so cute and adorable. Thanks for joining us at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge.
Rebecca, DT

Lynne said...

What a cute card!!! Love the cow image! Thanks for joining us at Open Minded Crafting Fun and good luck!
Hugs,
Lynne, Open Minded Crafting Fun DT

Unknown said...

Really great card! I love the image and the sentiment is fun! Great layout, all the elements work nicely together. Thank you for joining Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge, Good Luck! Hope to see you soon again.

Hanne, DT