Saturday 20 June 2015

Crafting!...

Good evening, lovely Bloggers!  What a warm day it's been!  The sun has eventually decided to shine, so before me and hubby go out to cut the hedges, I thought I'd pop on and share some new samples I've been making for Summer Papercrafting at Newark, next weekend...
I thought it about time I made some new Christmas samples...
...the first is a sweet Christmas candle using the stocking image from 12 Cards of Christmas.  The process is made so much easier by the printable adhesive film that I've got (and will have to sell at Newark next weekend)  I also found that it works really well when applied to mirror card as it gives the toppers a metallic look, so this is what ended up on my next few cards!...
...A really simple card with the pudding image - don't know if you can see the metallic effect but this was applied to silver mirror card...
...This one is one of the postcards from the postbox design and the flower bouquet is the pointsettias overlaid on top of the Christmas rose image, all applied to an antique gold mirror card.  The mirror card gives it such a metallic sheen IRL, though as usual, my photography skills leave a lot to the imagination!
I am busy, busy, preparing for next weekend, burning and printing discs and covers, and packaging, plus sample making and trying to get the last of my designs completed for my next disc - Another Play on Words!  I really hope we have a good weekend for Newark and look forward to meeting some more fellow crafters in a new part of the UK!  Thanks for persevering with my sparce offerings at the moment, but I hope to remedy this once design work is completed! 
Crafty hugs,

3 comments:

Jane said...

Great to see you here Lisa, you must be so busy.Good luck with the show these samples are brilliant especially the amazing candle. Using film sounds much easier than tissue paper. The postcard is also amazing, you are so talented. Hugs x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Hello Lisa,
thank you so much for your warm welcome back message on my blog :-)
what you said was just the way i was feeling. Fun became at one point stress and worries to post so and so often.

your projects and cards are so gorgeous. I bet they were a big hit!
i have never tried the candle. It looks so pretty.
hugs

PharmacyMichele said...

Lovely projects & am excited to hear there will be a new cd out soon!!

Michele