Thursday 12 October 2017

Tilda Reindeer...

Good afternoon, crafty buddies!  If you asked me 'What is your least favourite craft?'...I would probably answer, 'Sewing'...so why is it that more and more, I find myself picking up a needle and thread?!  I think the reason I would say that I don't like it, is that I don't have the same patience for sewing - I tend to do things roughly and just want to get the project finished!  But today was different!...Today I marked, pinned, used pinking shears and even pressed my pieces to create this pretty little reindeer...
The pattern is one from Crafts Beautiful HERE and I used some fabric that my lovely friend, Linda gave me last year from Aldi, of all places!...
The pattern is simple enough to follow, but I found it easier to draw around the templates onto pinned fabric, sew and then cut out - rather than cutting the pieces with a seam allowance.  The fiddliest (and most frustrating bit, in my opinion!) is sewing and attaching the ears, but I think he would look a bit sad without them!?!  I could do with a longer needle to attach the legs on with, as you have to go through both legs and body, but I managed...and I have to say, I am rather pleased with how my little deer turned out!  So much so, that I may even make another one?!
Hope you like my stitchy make and I'll be back soon to share some more fabric creations!
Hugs,
Lisa x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute ! Your reindeer is so lovely, love the gorgeous fabrics you have chosen. He is something to treasure and will come out year after year I'm sure
Hugs Kaz xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow he is fab, I have seen this pattern and thought about it but have so many hand sewing projects on the go at the mo.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

How adorable !! You're very talented !