Wednesday 18 September 2019

Frugal crafting...

Good afternoon, crafty friends! Well, this is a rarity for me these days - a post between challenges! I have to admit to having lost my crafty motivation since starting work (just a little job four evenings a week, but it's surprising how much more organised I seem to have to be with my time!) but one of the few things that I am always inspired by is the beautiful floral creations I see, made using the Lady E flower dies!

I have to say that I am quite a frugal crafter (my family would call me tight, but hey...tom-A-to, tomato!), so I like to make my crafty stash work to it's best potential and am always looking for new ways of using my existing stash. I have put myself on a crafty stop, mainly because (since starting work) I am more conscious of all the 'stuff' I have and need to find some sense of tidiness and organisation in my home...a huge task, but feel I have to start somewhere...

Anyway, digressing!...I decided to see if I could replicate some of those stunning flowers with some of the flower dies that I already have and I was rather pleased with the result...


I used a couple of Sweet Dixie die sets, including the Christmas Rose, Stylised Daisy and Delicate Blossoms, plus a couple of foliage dies. I thought I would share a quick tutorial on how I created the Poinsettias and the Sunflowers were created in the same way...

Now I know that this would be so much easier and quicker if I had the Lady E poinsettia dies, but I thoroughly enjoyed the couple of hours I had, altering a plain piece of white pearl paper into these pretty floral creations, so know that my love of crafting hasn't waned - I just need to have a destash and get rid of all the clutter that seems to be filling my head too! Plus, it would be nice to actually use the dining room table for it's intended purpose once in a while!
Right, off to put the kettle on and see what's for tea...hope you like my tutorial and maybe it will inspire you to look at your existing dies in a different way...

Until next time, have a wonderfully wacky Wednesday!

1 comment:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow! These are gorgeous.
Good for you to have created these lovely flowers without buying new stash, it's all too easy to get caught up in the sales pitch for some of these items and end up spending a fortune - I speak from experience, lol.
Lorraine