Monday 18 January 2021

SCP213 Tulips...

 After a conversation with the lovely Anna from workshop about using the tulip dies (that came free with this month's Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine) to make a stencil, I decided to have a go and have to say, am really pleased with the result!...


 A couple of years ago, I was lucky enough to win a Sizzix bundle from Hochanda and in it was a pack of stencil film...I cut out the different tulip dies and cut the leaves 3 times, so that I could mask off the different parts using Scotch tape and stencil each part individually...

I inked up the flowers using Tattered Rose, Abandoned Coral and Festive Berries for the pink version and Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey and Ripe Persimmon for the yellow/orange one and then cut them out leaving a small border.

I cut a piece of white cardstock 14.3 x 10cm and using Christina Griffiths' Fancy Flourish stencil, added a colour fade to the right hand corner in a coordinating ink. I then used a script stamp to add a bit of extra detail before matting onto a darker colour, 14.8 x 10.5cm. I used the HAPPY part of the Happy Mother's Day stamp that came with the magazine and the Birthday die cut, which I think is a Memory Box one called Decor Happy Birthday.

I attached the tulips with glue on the stems and foam pads under the flower heads and finished with a crystal dot for the 'i' and 3 pearls before matting onto a polka dot panel 16.5 x 12cm. I cut my 5" x 7" card blank down by half a centimetre widthways, so that my borders were equal...



I do like how they both turned out, but of course my favourite has to be the pink and aqua colour combo, as it's probably my favourite combination to use.

I think I'll definitely be making some more stencils and spending an hour or two inking up some tulip flowers to create some more of these simple cards...

Thanks for dropping by!



No comments: