Tuesday 26 February 2013

Same sketch, with a twist...

Good morning, everyone, hope you have had a good start to the week!  I can't believe that it's March 1st this week (St David's Day) and still no sign of daffodils!  Spring can't come quick enough for me and then I spend the rest of the year tryng to slow it down before Winter creeps back round again.  I hope we get some semblance of a Summer this year, after 2012's washout!  I'm not asking for too much, a whole week even would be nice!?!  Our weather is so unpredictable, that you can't plan any outdoor event - BBQ, fete, picnic - which is probably why us Brits are so obsessed with it!
Anyhow, rant over...the card I have to share today is using the same sketch as the Laughing Horse card in my previous post, just turned 90 degrees, hence the post title!  I have to say, I never really did much with sketches before, but have found them a Godsend since my lack of Mojo and am now really 'into' using them...
...I chose my papers first again (wow, look at me!?), First Edition Summer Breeze and Animal Antics, then coloured up my Gardener's Delight digistamp...
...I coloured using my Promarkers, then printed the image again onto First Edition Animal Antics paper and paper pieced the wellington boots.  Here's the colours if you are a Promarker fan :
Boots shading - Light Fawn FM, Sandstone
Compost bag - Meadow, Leaf, Grass and Forest Greens, Amaranth red FM
Watering can - Cool Greys 1-5, Vanilla, Mustard, Sandstone
Plantpots - Light Fawn FM, Soft Peach, Honeycomb, Spice
Plant - Amethyst, Purple, Prussian, Gold, Pear & Olive Green
Soil - Umber, Black FM (the black Flexmarker is so much easier to use than the traditional pens)
I kept the sentiment generic and embellished with pearls and 2 doohickey dragonflies that I converted to butterflies by chopping their tails off and making their heads smaller (cruel, I know!!).  I would like to enter this card into the Joanna Sheen Challenge this week which is Layer it Up.
Thanks for dropping by to see me and I'll be back soon with some more crafty creations...Lisa x

5 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Lisa, fab card. I like using sketches too. Your image is really super and the paper piecing so clever, that is something I have not tried and must do so soon. The dragonflies to butterflies is a really great idea. The weather is still pants here but my friend in Scotland had sunshine today and put out her washing!! Spring is getting ever closer...xx

Unknown said...

This is fab Lisa! I love the image, perfect for my Dad actually! And your colouring is just perfect! :)
Lizy xx

coops said...

stunning card lisa.really great image and i love your gorgeous papers and colours and your design is fab :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Great card Lisa! Love how you've paper pieced the boots - I want a pair,lol!

I really hope we have a good summer this year too! I remember it was roasting during the last week in March last year and I was sick in bed!
xx

NGCARDS said...

Gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing along at Joanna Sheen! xxx