Tuesday 5 November 2013

Passion for Promarkers - Geeks...

Good morning, dear Blogger friends!  Today sees the start of another new challenge over at Passion for Promarkers and this week, the lovely Lou has set us the theme of 'Geeks' (images wearing glasses)!  This week, we are sponsored ny the fabulous Letraset, who are offering one lucky winner a 6 pack of Flexmarkers!

 Don’t forget you must use your Letraset products (i.e. promarkers, flex markers, aqua markers, tria markers, metallic markers or neon markers) and of course follow the theme.
Looking through my digistamps, I discovered that I don't have any images wearing glasses, so decided to create my own!  I began by opening Saturated Canary's Hugs and Kisses in my graphics program and pasted the lineart sunglasses (that I found here) on top, resizing them to fit her face.  I printed off, coloured with my Promarkers and fussy cut her out, cutting away the box of hearts, heart frill and cutting out her hands, as shown by the red line in the image below :
...I then made a little book in PS and attached it to her front, then glued her hands into position over the top, so that it looks like she is holding it!

Here's the Pro/Flexmarker colours I used for all you Letraset fans :
Skin : Almond, Blush, Sunkissed Pink
Hair : Sandstone, Caramenl, Cocoa, Walnut, Umber
Glasses: Red, Berry Red
Skirt : Glacier, Dolphin, Denim, Cadet Blues
Tights : Red, Berry, Crimson, Burgundy
Boots : Soft Aqua, Duck Egg, Surf Blue, Muted Pink, Tea Rose, Watermelon, Antique Pink
Book : Berry, Crimson, Burgundy
The cherry paper I used is from Nitwits Cherry Blossom paper set and the others I made myself.  I love this aqua and red combo and added some red satin ribbon loops and a couple of the Memory Box Precious Heart die cuts that were coloured red then glittered with Xmas Red Stickles...
I cut the sentiment using a SB circle die and layered onto SB Eyelet Circle in aqua (all my mats were white cardstock with the edges coloured in coordinating Promarker colours) and created a little arrow shape.  I finished the inside with an insert printed with the words 'Many Happy Returns' and a small pile of books in the bottom right corner.
Don't foget to hop on over to the Passion for Promarkers blog see what my lovely Teamies have created for your inspiration and I hope you can join in with our challenge this week!  Thanks for dropping by, crafty hugs,
Lisa x

6 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, I love the image and the way you have added the book for her to hold looks fabulous. Beautiful colouring and such a great layout too.
hugs Sue xx

Ali said...

Wow!!!!! a lot of work has gone into your card :-) I wish I wasnt so thick where the pooter is concerned where I could adapt things/do decent sentiments lol its gorgeous and love the transformed image!! Hope all goes well with your building work tomorrow and you get your pipes sorted ;-) xxx

coops said...

so stunning lisa.i really love how you customised the sc image and your design and colouring are fabulous ;D

xx coops xx

Crafty KJ said...

You are so clever Lisa - the way you've changed the image is brilliant! I love the layout and the colouring is great too. Hugs, Karen xx

Unknown said...

Oh my you are clever with the computer - I wouldn't even have known where to start to customise the digi! I've not even got round to cropping one yet!

Fab colouring and a gorgeous card - love the layout. Will really have to try and find some time to enter the comp this week, it's those darn paintpots tho - they've got me trapped!!

Sarah

PS - Sounds like your renovations are coming along well. Am really looking forward to seeing more pics.

Ali said...

Hope your plumbing is sorted ;-) xx (lol)