Saturday 1 February 2014

Happy February!...

Good morning, dear Blogging buddies and Happy 1st February to you all!  (Who stole January?!  Looks like this year is going to be another flyer!)  At the moment, the sun is actually shining and there's lovely ice patterns all over the cars, but I'm sure it won't last!

I thought I'd pop in and share a card with you that I made using the ever so sweet Sympathy Bugs from Wee Stamps - this was another present to self over the Christmas period as I have been hankering after them for a while!...
...For this one, I decided to make them a bit happier and used brighter colours, though I have done them very muted too (will share that one another time!)  I love pink and green as a colour combo, so out came my First Edition Love Letters pad for the pretty floral paper.  I kept the design quite simple and used one of my favourite dies (SB Floral Ovals) to frame the image, then cut a faux nestie by hand for the pink layer...
...My little bugs were coloured using Pro/Flexmarkers and highlighted with some crystal glitter.  I have lost the piece of paper with my colours on, but will have a go at listing the colours - just don't hold me to it!! :
Bugs - Light Fawn, Sandstone, Caramel, Satin, Tan, Shale, Antique Pink, Ruby
Wings - Muted Pink, Tea Rose, Watermelon, Honeydew, Pastel Green, Soft Green
Branch - Sandstone, Caramel, Cocoa, Umber, Meadow, Leaf, Bright Green, Muted Pink, Tea Rose
...I used a Nellie border die to extend the paper, so the whole thing fits on an A5 landscape card and finished with a hand cut fishtail flag (I'd still love the MFT fishtail flags,, but can't justify the cost just now!) and some little polka dot buttons.  I haven't done anything to the inside yet, as I don't know what occasion this card will be for, but always finish my cards with a printed insert or decorate the inside...we'll see!
So that's it from me today, I hope that the weather is being kind to you, wherever you are and that February starts as a Happy one!  Enjoy your weekend and don't forget that there's still chance to enter into our Anything Goes challenge over at Passion for Promarkers - it's a nice easy one, so no excuse!!
See you Soon,
Lisa x

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges :
Show us your new stash
(my new stash is my sweet Sympathy Bugs digistamp)
It's all New!
(My new is my Wee Stamps Sympathy Bugs Digi)
Anything Goes
Something New
(My new is my Wee Stamps Sympathy Bugs Digi)
Anything Goes

10 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, I love the image and beautiful colouring. Such a fabulous layout too.
I hope you are having a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Donna Mosley said...

Aww! what a gorgeous card Lisa, love the very cute image and pretty design. Soooooo adorable, love it!

Donna x

Ali said...

Awww thats gorgeous - love that image - seriously considering buying the oval die with the patterened edge - seen it on a few blogs and it always looks lovely hmmmm...

Mynn xx said...

OH so pretty! LOVE that darling image and I adore your fabulous coloring! HUGS and have a great rest of the weekend! :) Mynn xx

Lady Bug Stampers said...

what a beautiful card. Love that image and the colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Created with love challenges.
Linda K. DT.
www.ladybustampers.blogspot.com

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card Lisa thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
Hugs Dianne xx DT

coops said...

so gorgeous lisa.adorable sweet image and your papers and colours are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Very, very sweet...

NickScrapShack said...

So cute! I love the image and you done a great work with the colours and the die cuts...

Thank you for joining our Show ous your New Stash challenge at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Good luck!
Nick

Jo said...

Lovely card, such a sweet image & fab colours! Thanks for joining us over at Sparkles this time & good luck!
hugs Jo x