Thursday 20 February 2014

Paper bows...

Good afternoon, everyone!  After making a paper bow using my XCut tag die on my last card, I decided to have a little play with some of the other dies in the set and thought I would share my results!
Firstly, this is the die that I used to make the pink paper bow on my Extremely CAS card...
...I cut out 4 of the die shapes, curled 2 using the handle of my embossing tool (or anything round) and cut fishtails in the end of the other 2, then secured them together with a brad or flower.  So, here's the bows that I made from some of the other dies...

...To see what the bow shapes would turn out like, I just cut them from whatever scraps of paper happened to be on my crafty table, but with a bit of thought and some inking, this is what they can look like!...
...I wasn't sure about the very rounded tag shapes at first, but layered up together, I think they make a great bow for on a box or present and it means that you can create them in papers and colours to coordinate perfectly!  I shall definitely be using more paper bows in the future and hope this has given you some inspiration to maybe look at your dies in a different way?!  Thanks for looking and I'll be back soon with a card, hopefully. 
I have my Sister and nieces coming over later (they live in Ireland so don't get over too often!) and Mum's coming too, so I don't know if I'll get chance to share a crafty creation today, but in the words of Arnie...I'll be back!!
Hugs,
Lisa x

5 comments:

Crafty KJ said...

Wow, these are great Lisa. A brilliant idea for matching the bows with papers used on a card! It looked great on your CAS card too. Hope you're having a lovely afternoon catching up and I'm off to dig out some dies that I can use for these bows!
Hugs, Karen x

coops said...

these are fantastic lisa.so clever to use dies you already have too, i especially love the shape of the deep purple bow ;D
enjoy your family time.

xx coops xx

Jane said...

Wow Lisa these are so impressive! Hope to see them on some creations soon, I have a jewellery giveaway over on my blog...do pop on over and join the fun. Hugs, Jane x

Sue said...

These look fabulous Lisa, such a great way to make your own paper bows.
hugs Sue xx

Danielle C said...

What a fabulous discovery! I have to steal this idea! Love, love the double bow.
Danielle:)