Wednesday 30 September 2015

Orange flowers...

Good morning, Blogland!  Hope you're all having a fabulous week and enjoying the Autumnal sunshine here in the UK?!  Isn't it lovely to still be able to hang the washing out and grab five minutes sitting outside with a cuppa? Here's hoping it lasts a bit longer!...
So, yesterday, I mentioned a favourite blog of mine - Deconstructing Jen.  I have to say, this is probably my most visited blog EVER!  I just love her clean, modern style and never fail to find inspiration in her layouts and cards - whether it be a colour combo, design layout or image style, she ALWAYS kick starts my creativity! So if you have a few minutes to spare and want to see some really lovely cards, why not hop on over to her blog for a look and see for yourself?
For today's card I was inspired by one that Jen made back in April for the Deconstructed Sketch Challenge.  When I saw this card, I instantly knew I wanted to create something similar using the plant pot from Another Play on Words...
   I loved the orange colour tones and they are also rather apt for this time of the year, so coloured the digistamp image with my Pro/Flexmarkers...
...The layout is so simple that the image becomes the focal point of the card with just a few added touches in the string bow, pearls and touch of glitter.  I did add Glossy Accents to the large flowers to keep their vibrancy of colour, though the shine doesn't show up very well in the photo...(my wonderful photography skills as usual!).  I kept the inside quite simple with a plain writing panel and added a couple of leaves and petterned paper strip.
Well, that's it from me!  I hope you've enjoyed seeing my little creation and sharing one of my favourite blogs...Where do you find your inspiration?
Have a wonderful Wednesday, whatever you're doing!
Lisa x

1 comment:

PharmacyMichele said...

Lovely card, suitable for any occasion. Great colours.

Michele