Wednesday 19 June 2019

Playing with Oxides...

Good afternoon, my lovelies! I have been saying for a while how I need to find some time to play with my distress Oxides...it seems lately as though I only craft out of necessity, either for card orders, design work or for workshop, so yesterday morning, I sat and had a play for half an hour...
(some of you may have seen my post on Facebook)


Within minutes, my table looked as if there had been an explosion of inks, paint and mica powders...but I thoroughly enjoyed it and quite liked the end result...


Although this was the state of my fingers!...


I inked a second piece of card and die cut some cogs in preparation, then had to clear my table so I could sort out kits for this Saturday's workshop...

I managed to grab an hour or so in the evening and this is how my project turned out...


Now the critic in me can see that there isn't enough contrast in colours, but all in all, I was reasonably pleased with the result...although, I feel that I still need some practice and maybe to be a little braver with my colours...but it's a start and it was nice to make something, just because...

I created this photo frame with this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme in mind and after being encouraged by my lovely, crafty friend Jane to just have a play and being inspired by her backgrounds...and the amazing work of both Emma Williams and Kath Stewart (if you haven't seen any of their work, you should seriously go check them out!) I decided to play along...

Right I'm off to cook some tea...feeling a little Hank Marvin...oh, that sounds wrong?!! Ha,ha!
Hope you can find some crafty time, just because...
Hugs,
I'd like to enter my frame into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge which has the theme of Transport It







1 comment:

Jane said...

I'm so delighted that I inspired you to have a play with the oxides Lisa, the background you made is fab as is your finished piece. Keep going! I often make several backgrounds at once so that they are fully dry when I need to stamp them. Oxides are my most go to inks now. Hugs xxx