Tuesday 24 March 2020

Unprecedented times...



Good morning, dear Blogger friends! Well, where do I start? Although I try to keep my blog posts as light as possible, I feel that I cannot ignore the current situation that we all find ourselves in. With news last night of a countrywide lockdown, I hope that people will start to take this virus a lot more seriously...none of us want to have to isolate ourselves or disrupt our lives in this way and the uncertainty of it all is enormous, but we have to protect ourselves, others and more importantly our NHS. We can get through this and things will return to some sense of normality, hopefully sooner rather than later, but it's going to be a long Summer!

Hubby has gone in today to finish off in work and make sure that everything is closed down and safe for their closure from this afternoon, I've been put on standby with the council, my eldest is working from home and my youngest has had his GCSEs cancelled, so things are going to be very different for the foreseeable future...


...But in the darkness of all this, there has to be some positive - I will get time to spend with my family, I will have time to finish those jobs that I have been putting off for weeks, we can still enjoy the outdoors, both in our own garden and going for a walk in the amazing countryside that we have, literally, on our doorstep. I know that I am lucky in this sense, I have my loved ones around me and won't know the isolation of being on my own, but for those of you that read this who are isolating alone, you are in my thoughts and I send you a virtual hug...



♔ Bear hug #wildanimals ♔ Bear hug
Take care, stay well and I look forward to the day when all this starts to get better...right, normal craft mode will resume in my next post!
Hugs,

1 comment:

Jane said...

Hi my lovely Lisa, yes indeed life has been turned upside down. We really all need to virtually hold one another's hands through all this, look at the positives and be grateful for what we have. Sending you and your family my love, stay safe and a huge virtual hug back xxx