Saturday 8 May 2021

Ruth Hamilton - Fuschias...

 Good afternoon, crafty friends! I am popping in today to share a card with you that was inspired by a wonderful card creation by the talented Ashley Ebben on behalf of Pretty Pink Posh, although I cannot for the life of me find the original post that she shared to credit it properly (but please check out her fabulous creations by clicking on her name or HERE!)...


I actually used two of Ruth Hamilton Design's digistamps in this pretty pink card - Fuchsias and Rose Bud...


I resized the Fuchsia flowers to 30% and the Rose Bud to 35% in my graphics program and coloured  with my Pro/Flexmarkers in Cerise, Shocking Pink, Vermillion, Pale Pink and a Blender pen. The leaves were coloured with my Spectrum Noir pens in Willow, Bamboo and Camo Green - I also coloured in the leaves and buds from the Rose Bud image to look like those on a Fuchsia plant and cut them all out leaving a white border. 

I cut a panel of white paper to 15 x 10cm and ink blended the edges with Tattered Rose Distress Oxide and spattered with Picked Raspberry and Peeled Paint. I attached the flowers and foliage using a combination of glue and foam pads, then stamped the word Happy from the freebie stamp set of Issue 212 of Simply Cards and papercraft using my stamp platform. 

I stamped and cut out the Birthday sentiment from my favourite Waffle Flower Crafts Happy Birthday Sentiments and attached with foam pads, then finished with a touch of glitter on the stamens of the flower and some pink dew drops...

I mat the panel onto black and white before attaching to a hot pink card base (thank you Gina K for encouraging my use of coloured card bases!)...et voila!

I love the way this card turned out, it is definitely my style and a HUGE thank you to Ashley for the inspiration...I hope you like it too!

Thanks for dropping by and have a fabulous weekend! Hugs,



No comments: