Monday 3 May 2021

Ruth Hamilton - Pansies...

Good afternoon, dear Blogger buddies, from a wet and windy North Wales! Crafty time has been rather scarce recently and any time I have had, has been putting together cards and kits for our next workshop...but I got an hour or so to play this afternoon and decided to play with another of Ruth Hamilton Design's pretty digistamps...


 This time I played with the pretty Pansies image and am still on my stencil addiction!...


I imported the digistamp to my graphics program and reduced the size down to 30%, before copying the image so that I had 7 copies. I grouped 5 of them quite close together at the top of the A4 page and spread the other two out for my stencils...

I cut out the centres of the two flower images using small nose scissors, as you can see in the photograph above and then stenciled the 5 images with Distress Inks and Oxides, using my blending brushes to get a nice colour blend...

I then coloured the leaves with my alcohol markers and cut out the flowers leaving a white border. I arranged the flowers in a circle on a piece of white paper 13.5cm square and attached using glue and foam tape to get differing heights...

 

I cut two 3cm squares of green polka dot paper, cut in half diagonally to create triangles and then inked the edges before attaching to the four corners. I mat the panel onto a cream 14cm square, rounding the two bottom corners, then adhered to a 6" square scalloped card base...

I created a banner using Apple Blossom Banners die, inked with Abandoned Coral Distress oxide, decoupaged for added dimension and stamped a sentiment from the Little Birds stamp and die set from June's Issue of Simply Cards and Papercrafts. I also drew around the outside of the die to create a grey shadow layer...

I thoroughly enjoyed crafting for pleasure and playing with these pretty Pansies and if you pop over to Ruth's shop, you'll see she has a number of floral images to choose from, including a Wild Rose image which would be great for this type of card too!...

Thanks for stopping by, crafty hugs...



1 comment:

SarahR said...

Hi Lisa, wanted to say how lovely your cards are - the flower wreath colours are just perfect and the card overall so pretty! I'm just getting back into card making / colouring after a long absence and it's so interesting to see what people are up to these days.

Sarah