Thursday 16 October 2014

Colouring on Weetabix!...

My card came in the Top 7 over at Aud Sentiments Challenge! Thanks ladies!

Good morning, lovely peeps from a sunny (at the moment) North Wales!...Bet that title got you curious!...Of course, I haven't actually coloured onto Weetabix - that would just be wrong! - but I have coloured onto the card from a Weetabix box!...

It's quite similar to Kraft card, I suppose, a bit more fibrous, but actually quite easy to colour on!...
...I did wonder if it might bleed a lot, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it doesn't and blends quite well, too!  I have never coloured on anything other than white card, so this was a nice change and turned out okay, even if I do say so myself!  The papers and image are all from 12 Cards of Christmas CD-Rom and the sentiment was made in PS using Serif's Holiday Springs font...
...I had allsorts of stuff on this card at one time or another and ended up discarding it all and keeping to a clean style with just a bit of ribbon and some wooden snowflakes.  I haven't done anything to the inside yet, but will probably end up decorating it with some coordinating papers and a sentiment panel...when I can be bothered!  I really don't do Christmas until the first week in December, but feel that I should at least be trying to get a head start!?!
Well, that's it - short and sweet from me today!  I hope you like my Krafty creation and next time you empty that cereal box, think twice before you put it in the recycle bin!
Have a wonderful Thursday,
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges :
Christmas until 28th
(my image and papers are 2 years old and my snowflakes have been in my stash forever!)
Christmas until 21st
Christmas in October until 19th
Snowflakes until 21st
Aud Sentiments Challenge
Anything Goes until 21st

12 comments:

Cards By MI said...

Fabby card Lisa, and clever idea. I will give it a go myself, instead of burning the boxes I might use the for some colouring instead. Sweet image. Brilliant idea. You should add your card to the Aud sentiment challenges as well, anything goes with a sentiment... :)
Have a great day!

Love n hugs
Marie

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow a very cute card and what a great idea to use the inside of a cereal box. It has given you great results with your markers. I don't think however that my printer would take this type of card but I could always use a stamped image. Love the colours and papers too.
Lorraine

Sue said...

WOW! Such a great bit of recycling and your colouring looks wonderful. I love the papers and fabulous layout too.
hugs Sue xx

Ali said...

Great money saving hint!!! Love the image you have used and the layout is great - another fab make xxx

PharmacyMichele said...

Lovely card & great tip.
Thanks for the email, i'll try printing my images tomorrow.

Michele.

~ginny said...

Thank you for sharing your project & creativity with us at Aud Sentiments Lisa! Love the concept of using a cereal box as a substitute for Kraft! I will have to try that. Your choice to simplify the embellies on this design is well done - I love the wooden snowflakes, the Glossy Accents, the small touch of glitter and the single Candi in the corner. Especially with the busy designs of the DP, anymore would bury your image.
~ginny,
DT for Aud Sentiments: [#117 – Anything Goes]
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

NGCARDS said...

I have to admit I did actually think you meant actual weetabix when I read the title! lol Great idea though, I may save my box and give it a go myself! Love the reindeer too, he's such a cutie :) xxx

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! what a fab idea Lisa and it looks AMAZING. Great card, very cute image.

Donna x

Jacee said...

Fabulous design, what a super image, really love this one Lisa!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

coops said...

so gorgeous lisa.i love the fab image and your colouring on the weetabix :D is fantastic :D

xx coops xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a cool idea! Love to recycle and never thought to do that. Very cool! Cute image and fab Christmas card. Thanks so much for joining in our Christmas challenge at Fab 'n' Funky this week. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

Unknown said...

Awww this is so cute, love the reindeer image and the style of your card. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx