Tuesday 21 October 2014

Vintage pram...

Good morning, dear Blogger friends and I hope you're all coping with the remnants of hurricane Gonzalo who is marching his way across the British isles last night and today!  I was up at 4.20am after being woken by a crashing sound - my beautiful copper lantern being blown over in our lean to!  After lying listening for a few minutes, I decided to go down and rescue the second one before Gonzalo could do any more damage and to recover my washing which was blowing around like rags!  Thankfully, in the daylight I discovered that somehow my lantern, despite being completely blown over, base and all, had remained unscathed apart from a slight dent in the base!  It's much quieter now, so I'm hoping we're over the worst!
It's little man's Harvest service in school today, so I'll be off there later, but thought I would pop in to share a card that I made for friends who have recently had their second little girl.  It's very similar in layout to the baby card that I did for last weeks Passion for Promarkers DT...
...I used the pink pram image and paper from the September design set of A Year in Cards and a pretty pink polka dot that I made in PS...
...I love using my flower puches at the moment - partly because of the amazing inspiration that Norma shares over at From My Craft Room, if you haven't visited her blog, her cards are awesome!
Right, best go and tackle the pile of ironing with my name on it and maybe get a bit of design work in later!  Have a terrific Tuesday!
Crafty hugs,
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges :
Embossing until 24th
(there is an embossed panel behind the pram image)
Anything Goes until 24th
Fave fibre and why until tomorrow
My favourite has to be ribbon and it's very rare that I create a project without it!  It comes in so many colours, textures and widths and is so versatile - I could be a ribbon-oholic if finances would allow!

10 comments:

Mervi said...

Sweet and adorable baby card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Lisa, I love the image, pretty flowers and fabulous layout.
Fingers crossed that the weather has calmed down a bit now.
hugs Sue xx

Sarah said...

Beautiful card for a new baby Lisa, I love the flower arrangement. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week x

Jacee said...

This is such a lovely card Lisa, pretty soft colours, a sweet image, great work, I suspect you've matched the inside too.
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Jane said...

Hi Lisa I hope the wind has died down a bit now, what a day! It's a little quieter here but the gusts have been scary. What a sweet card you made for your friends, how lovely to personalize it. They must have been delighted. I am sure the Harvest Festival was delightful amongst the gorgeous floral displays you made for it. Keep snug xx

Anonymous said...

Wow beautiful card Lisa, I can't believe those flowers are from a punch, they are gorgeous!

Vicki x

Sarah said...

Thanks ever so for joining us at AYLI with your fabulous card and it's great to have a fellow ribbon addict along too!! Sarah

Crafty KJ said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, the image and papers are fab. I love those punched flowers- they look great! I'm sure I've got a similar shaped punch but my flowers don't look as good as yours lol. Love the way you've personalised it too, makes it so very special.
Hugs, Karen xx

coops said...

so stunning lisa.really beautiful design and colours and i love the pretty vintagr pram :D

xx coops xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a gorgeous baby card and those flowers are so sweet. Much cheaper too to be able to make your own and they look just as pretty as bought ones if not better as they can be completely tailored to your colour scheme. I'm sure the recipients were thrilled with this personalised card.
I'm glad I was able to comment today I have had Blogger trouble all week with comment boxes coming up blank and not allowing me to comment at all.
Lorraine