Wednesday 15 October 2014

Harvest Thanksgiving...

Good afternoon, lovely Bloggers!  Autumn has really set in now, here in North Wales - the leaves are dropping at an alarming rate and those that are left are hues of gold and bronze!  I have been out for a walk this morning to pick some larch cones in preparation for Christmas projects for our church fair and had to arm myself with scarf, boots and gloves!

It's our Harvest Thanksgiving service this evening (a week earlier than usual!)and the children from the after school club that I help run on a Monday afternoon have been making a frieze and other projects to decorate the church....
...This is the scarecrow that I made with the 7-11 year olds and the paper sunflowers that each of the children made using a large daisy punch, circular punch and real sunflower seeds.  It's surprising how much time and preparation goes into entertaining 15 children for an hour!
Last night, my MIL, myself and the vicar went to arrange flowers for the windows - I love flowers and flowers arranging, so am quite happy to while away a couple of hours playing with nature's treasures!  Hubby came along too, to help set up a projector screen for the service and my little man was a sweetheart on tea and tidying up duties!  Here's a couple of pics of some of the arrangements I did...

...We'll be looking forward to the homemade leek and potato soup, cheese and rolls, followed by apple pie and fresh cream, after the service...yum!  The children are also donating harvest boxes filled with tins and packet foods to go to a local charity - something I remember doing as a child!
I just thought I would let you in on a few of the other crafty things that I like to do and what else I get up to when I'm not cardmaking and blogging!  Hope you have a wonderful Harvestime with family and friends and I'l be back again tomorrow with another paper creation!
Hugs,

3 comments:

Ali said...

What a lovely post! and mmmm... the food after the service sounds good!!! Wish our school took a more active part in things like this as am sure the church would be doing something x

Jane said...

What beautiful displays you have made Lisa the church looks so festive. ...I have fond memories of harvest festival at school and singing we plough the fields and scatter.....keep snug and enjoy your supper. It sounds delicious. Hugs xx

Jacee said...

Love the scarecrow! the flower arrangements look lovely too.
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design