Thursday 9 August 2018

Christmas Roses...

Good afternoon, crafty friends!...I have been having a play at my crafty table, just for the fun of it (it's been a while since that's happened!) and it amazes me how much my crafting style has changed over the years.  I have definitely developed a love of clean and simple and one of my favourite brands for inspiration of this, is Altenew… I have never been a stamper, but just love the simple, floral cards that I see all over Pinterest and wanted to have a go at something similar, without having to fork out for stamps, etc (funding for craftiness is tight at the moment!)…
So I turned to my own designs, to try and refresh something that I may not consider my current style and used the Christmas Rose digistamp from my 12 Cards of Christmas CD-Rom…
...When I created this disc, I didn't have my alcohol markers, or a fraction of the dies that I have now, so it was nice to look at the image with fresh eyes and create something completely different to when they were produced. I used the png images from the disc and positioned them at opposite corners of a 13.5 x 9.5cm rectangle in my graphics program, printed off, then coloured and highlighted with glitter, plus some die cut holly leaves for a bit of dimension. I used the 'happy' die from a Memory Box Birthday set and stamped (I know!) the Christmas sentiment from a stamp set that I picked up for a couple of pounds...
I might get into stamping one day (maybe when funds allow?!) But for now, I will continue to try and repurpose the things that I already have and give them new life and a new style!
Crafty hugs,


1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing card! Love your sweet colouring and the sparkling!
...Repurposing old thing to a new life is always fun and give some satisfaction, isn't it? :)
Thanks for your visit on my blog, I have appreciated it!