Friday 5 June 2020

Another flamingo...

So it seems I have another temporary obsession?! I just love this carved wood effect background, that was inspired by the talented Gina Ks Monday Stamp and Chat video...
This time, I decided to go with more muted colour tones as I had this flamingo coloured up on my desk already and went with a simple design to try and showcase the background. I also added a white feather for softness, after seeing Beris Godfrey's card and finished with a bit of bling...
I think that it turned out rather pretty and feminine, and a quick make too!
Here's a link to Gina's video on how to create these fab backgrounds... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MwvaMa7Zc0


I started by embossing the tropical leaf folder that came with Simply Cards & Papercraft Issue 205, cutting down to 16.5 x 11.5cm and then used my embossing board to score some vertical lines through the design...(this time I went with debossed lines, which then resist the colour and stay light)...

Firstly, I dragged Stormy Sky Distress Ink direct to paper over the panel, following the embossed lines rather than going across the grain, so to speak...

Next I layered up with some Victorian Velvet, again using the ink pad direct to paper and dragging in the same direction as the embossed lines to help create the woodgrain effect. I then used some Cut n Dry foam (or you could use a blending pad or makeup sponge) with the inks on to add more colour to the background. All the time, I kept the direction of application following the embossed lines to accentuate the grain and layered up more colour direct to paper, if needed...

I then blended around the edge with Weathered Wood Distress Ink before matting the panel onto pink cardstock 17 x 12cm. I attached a circular die cut so that it was hanging over the edge and then cut away the excess, then attached a 2cm border strip of pink dotty paper that had been matted onto silver card and stamped the sentiment using my Tim Holtz stamp platform (how did I manage without this?!)...

I attached a feather to the card using a small piece of double sided tape, then attached my Flamingo coloured with Pro/Flexmarkers using foam pads. I cut a couple of fishtail flags from pink and white card (white 2.5cm wide and pink 2cm wide) and added some diamante carousel type gems for a touch of sparkle...
Colour List - 
Cocktail Pink, Watermelon FM, Antique Pink, Shocking Pink, Cool Grey 4

Thanks for dropping by and I hope I've inspired you to craft...

Hugs,

No comments: