Monday 1 June 2020

Be a flamingo...

Good morning, crafty buddies! The weather is still glorious here in North Wales and I plan to sit in the garden and do a bit of drawing later...but for now, I have a fun card to share with you using the free flamingo stamp from Issue 205 of Simply Cards & Papercraft...


I had an idea for this card as soon as I saw this stamp and love the way it turned out! I used my Tim Holtz stamp platform and stamped the flamingo multiple times on a piece of white paper 12.5cm square, starting with the bird that I wanted to be the focal image. I then used the small flower stamp that came free in the Bright Rosa fern set with Issue 202 and stamped some of the white spaces in between with Cantaloupe ink...

I coloured the majority of the birds with Cool Grey 2 & 4 and then coloured the main bird with Cocktail Pink, Watermelon and Antique Pink. I ink blended around the edge of the panel with Tuxedo Black Memento and then attached the panel tot a black mat 12.8cm square to give a narrow border.
I then matted this onto a piece of pink 13.5cm square before adhering to a 6x6 card blank...
I created the white on black sentiment in PS using Crazy Girlz Blond font and added a touch of glitter to the pink flamingo...

I am really happy with how this one turned out and think that this is such a fun and modern card - great for those tween birthdays! No doubt I'll be having another play with these stamps and I have to say, I have been pleasantly surprised by the ideas that they have sparked, as I wasn't sure if it would be a set that I would particularly choose...

Right, off to find a corner of shade and sit with my pencil and paper for an hour or two...Have a marvellous Monday, whatever you're up to and don't forget that there's still time to play along with our Summer themed challenge over at Passion for Promarkers...

Crafty hugs,


1 comment:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and great sentiment-love the flamingo stamp and the fact you only used one in colour.Thank you for your comment and R.E Fat Page it is a 4inch square piece of card or cardboard and you pile on the embellishments/layers hence "fat" page lol have made quite a few and going to make them into an album
Carol x