Wednesday 17 June 2020

Embossed Daisy card...

Good morning, crafty friends!  I was asked to make a birthday card for a gentleman to give to his wife and the brief was sea greens and turquoises, and pretty but not girly...

So out came one of my favourite dies - Tim Holtz Wildflowers Daisy. I love the way you can use just the head of this bloom, or the full stem in a bouquet and with just a touch of colouring, they look so delicate...

 
Firstly, I cut a piece of white cardstock 14cm square and embossed using XCut Lace Circle embossing folder and then matted it onto a piece of sea green pearl card, measuring 14.3cm square. I added a strip of green daisy paper 14.3 x 2.5cm, from The Works Botanical Bloom paper pad and then cut a 9cm circle from another paper in the pad. I created the sentiment in Photoshop to fit a 6.5cm circle and then mat this onto a blue circle, slightly larger...

I coloured the daisies using my Promarkers - Buttercup, Mustard and Gold for the centre, with some Walnut dots and champagne for the definition of the petals, then I inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I was struggling to get green tones with my Promarkers, so bought a set of green tone pens from Spectrum Noir and used Willow, Bamboo and Camo Green to colour the leaves from Sweet Dixie's Stylized Daisy die set before inking the edges with Vintage Photo. I used Grass, Alpine Green and Ivy for the smaller leaves (not sure of the set) and added in a couple of sprigs from Couture Creations Holly Berry Sprigs...
 
I finished off with 3cm square polka dot paper squares, cut in half diagonally, to create the corners and added some silver Liquid Pearl dots around the embossed circle...
 
I really like the way this one turned out, but I think I would like anything with these pretty daisies on! I have another commission to do and think I will be using this same layout in different colours...
 
Right, looks like I have to go and do some ironing before everyone starts complaining that they've got nothing to wear! I'll be back later with some crepe paper flowers that I've created but for now, have a wonderful Wednesday!
Hugs,


2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card love the layout and beautiful die-cut flowers
Carol x

Pop's Cards said...

I could have sworn I left you a comment on this, grrrr

I love this card that embossing folder is just fantastic, I rarely use one but you have inspired me to go on a hunt for mine, the flowers are just beautiful too, a stunning card hugs Pops x