Thursday 24 September 2020

Christmas Wordart...

 Good afternoon, crafty friends! I have a new design to share with you today which is great for making quick and easy Christmas cards...this is now available in my Etsy store HERE...

I was totally inspired by the new Gina K incentive stamp and wanted to create my own festive version for those batch card makes...


This card uses the precoloured image and the green bonus paper that comes with it. I printed the image off at 3.5 x 5 inches and thought I would give a step by step of how I print my images for all those digital newbies or those who need a little more confidence...

 Firstly, I cut my A4 printing paper down into quarters (14.8 x 10.5cm) although this isn't exactly the same as 4x6 inches, it is close enough (for me, anyway!). I have a separate tray for smaller sizes but if you don't, just place your paper in and adjust your guides so that it is held straight for printing.


I use the default Windows program for viewing  by double clicking on the image and then click the print icon (usually looks like a little printer). In the screen above, I have highlighted the two boxes that I set in the Print window - the Paper Size to 4" x 6" and the Photo Size box to 3.5 x 5 in. You can change the copies if you wish to print multiples for batch making, or if you want to decoupage elements.


For my card - once printed, I cut the image down to 13 x 9.5cm and added a black mat just 3mm bigger (13.3 x 9.8cm). I printed the polka dot paper to A4 size (changing the photo sizes will scale the print) and cut a piece 17 x 12cm, then inked the edge with Black ink. I attached the image off set to one side and added some thin burgundy ribbon around the left side with a small bow. You can then bling up your image by adding glitter, gems and pearls...

Next I printed off the digistamp and coloured it with a slightly darker colour scheme...

At first, I coloured the 'Happy' in a light brown tone, but wasn't sure about it, so added some gold glitter...I still wasn't sure, so printed off another copy and coloured the word in a contrasting aqua tone and decoupaged it over the top...

...much better! I think aqua is probably my favourite colour  - I love to use it in my crafting (especially teamed with a contrasting pink!) and it's a colour that I like to wear, plus it's one of my favourite colours for Christmas too!

I hope you like my new image and cards, and that you found my little step by step helpful. If you purchase my design and create, please send me a link to see how you've used it either in a comment here, through Facebook, Craftworld or even send me an email contact@ellasdesign.co.uk...

Crafty hugs,



No comments: