Friday 25 September 2020

More Wordart cards...

 Good morning, Blogger buddies! So, who says poinsettias have to be red?!...

I have to say, I really like the way this card turned out...probably because I am a sucker for frosty colour tones when it comes to festive makes. I printed two copies of the Christmas Wordart digistamp at 4" x 6" and then coloured with my Pro/Flexmarkers...

Colour list - 
Poinsettias - Pastel Blue, Denim Blue, China Blue
Holly - China Blue, Navy Blue
Mistletoe - Soft Green, Marine
Happy word and berries - Cool Grey 2 & 4

I cut out the image leaving a white border and also cut away some of the inner areas to give it a more open look. I then mounted the image on to a 5" x 7" card base that had been lightly inked with Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink and added some corners using the aqua polka dot from my Fuchsia mini kit. I decoupaged the words and used my Quickie glue pen to colour in before sprinkling with crystal glitter.

I finished off with some Liquid Pearls on the white berries and dots and added small crystal gems to the flower centres.

But what if I don't do colouring, I hear you say...well this next card is loosely coloured using Distress Inks (or any other ink pads or even chalks)...


Once again, I printed off two copies of the Christmas Wordart at 4" x 6" and gilded the word on one using my Quickie glue pen and gilding flakes, before fussy cutting with my scissors. For the second image, I used a cotton bud to apply ink over the different areas, not worrying too much about staying in the lines (but still being a little controlled in my application) and gilded the holly berries.

I added some border strips from the bonus red polka dot paper onto a 6" x 6" kraft card blank and then attached the image on top, decoupaging the wording. I added some gold line border peel offs between the layers and a couple of green polka dot corners, then finished with gold pearls, white pearls and a die cut gold bow (that just happened to be lying around on my crafty table!)

I hope you like my festive creations and that I have given you the inspiration to try different colours to the 'traditional' ones...

There's a definite Autumn nip in the air today but I'm still going to make the most of the cool sunshine and get the washing line filled. Have a fabulous Friday, whatever you're up to...

Crafty hugs,


 

No comments: