Sunday 28 March 2021

Two for one Tulips...

 Good afternoon, crafty friends! I have a couple of cards to share with you today using the pretty Tulips digistamp from Ruth Hamilton Design...Ruth's brand new digital stamp store is now LIVE, where you can purchase her pretty images and she'll be doing tutorials and videos in the near future!...

I thoroughly enjoyed colouring up this pretty Spring inspired image, using a combination of markers and Prismacolor pencils and then decided to chop it in half?!...


I wanted to try a technique that I have often seen in the Share Handmade Kindness Facebook group where you cut an image in half and use it to create two cards...so I made two mini slimline cards...


The first used Speckled Egg Distress Oxide as a blended background, with a simple sentiment, fine pink border and small pearl accents and for the second, I fussy cut the image leaving a white border and attached with foam pads over a pretty floral paper, ink blended with Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide. I used a strip of torn vellum for a bit of texture, some butterflies cut from leftover 12x12 papers and a stamped sentiment from Altenew Beautiful Day stamp set.

I love the simplicity of the finished cards, giving focus to the pretty Tulip image and great for sending out to people, just because...

I do hope you can pop over to have a look at Ruth's new website and support her crafty business...I know how hard it can be to make a name for yourself in this industry!

Thanks for popping by and I'll be back later with another design from Ruth to share, just in time for Easter!...

Crafty hugs,




1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Beautiful cards Lisa, the tulips are so pretty.
Lorraine x