Saturday 3 April 2021

Orchid Notelets...

Good morning, dear crafty friends and a Happy Easter to you all! I have a set of notelet cards to share with you today that I made using a pretty layered flower stamp set from Papercraft Inspirations...


I picked these up from the lovely Marianne when she was having a crafty clear out and have to admit that I struggled with the layering stamps and my Distress Oxides, so I decided to make a stencil from Mylar sheet and then used the outline stamp...

For my first card I used patterned cardstock and the orchid flower head and sprig, fussy cut leaving a white border. I also created a stencil using the fern leaf die from Bright Rosa that was the freebie with SC&P #202 and inked this to create a background for my second card. I added the orchid flower head and sprig and a sentiment from Altenew Beautiful Day stamp set...


For my other two cards I switched and used the orchid head as the background image and the fern leaf as the embellishment and inked a white card blank with Broken China Distress Oxide, before adding the fussy cut elements...

I really like the way these pretty cards turned out and will definitely be making more of my own stencils from dies and stamps...it gives such a different, delicate feel to the images and is a great way to colour images too (as you can see in my Daffodils card HERE)...

Thanks for dropping by and don't forget that there's still chance to play along with my eye spy 'Something beginning with B' challenge over at Passion for Markers!... 

Crafty hugs,




No comments: