Thursday 1 April 2021

Spring Daffodils...

Good morning, Blogger buddies! I'm back to share another card made using one of the fabulous images from Ruth Hamilton Design...


This card uses the pretty Daffodils image and I decided to share another way of colouring up your digistamps without having to be an expert colourist!...This time I decided to create a stencil and colour using my Distress Oxide inks...


I printed the image using Paper Size 4 x 6 and Image Size 3.5 x 5in, twice onto copy paper and once onto my 160gsm Navigator paper. I then cut out the flower parts on one of the copy paper images and just the leaf parts on the other to create two stencils. I laid them over the image in turn and inked through with Squeezed Lemonade and Wild Honey for the flowers, and Cracked Pistachio and Peeled Paint for the leaves...


I fussy cut the daffodils, leaving a white border and then proceeded with my card base. I began with a white piece of paper 9.5 x 14.2cm and inked a circular area in the top half using Broken china Distress Oxide, I then pressed the ink pad onto a blending mat and diluted with water before adding splatters to the panel, using a paint brush. I added a piece of plaid paper to the bottom of the panel and mat onto black 9.8 x 14.5cm (if you don't have black paper, I use white and colour around the edges with a black marker)

I attached the panel to a 5 x 7 inch card blank and decoupaged the daffodil image on top using foam pads under the flowers and glue under the stem, then cut a strip of white card and stamped the sentiment from Waffle Flower Birthday sentiments stamp set, before matting onto yellow and attaching to my card. I cut some butterflies from a piece of scrap 12 x 12 paper and added to my card before finishing with a few signature pearls and some gold glitter on the flower stamens...

It's funny how my crafting style has changed so much recently and now I look at every image wondering if I can make a stencil from it...I have definitely expanded my crafting repertoire recently and learnt to embrace all aspects of papercrafting, blending different techniques and products to best utilise the things I have...

I hope I have inspired you to have a play with different techniques and look at your images in a different way, adding colour without having to have years of experience colouring or feeling as though you need to be an artist! The main thing is, crafting should be fun...it should be a way to express your creativity and bring enjoyment...

Crafty hugs,



No comments: