Friday 9 April 2021

Take one stencil...

 Good afternoon, crafty friends! So it seems my obsession with stencils is not waning yet?!...I needed to order some basic white card stock from Craft Stash and whilst there, I noticed that there was a BOGOF on selected stencils...well, it would have been rude not to put a couple in my basket?!

I decided to have a play with the Art Style Flowers Stencil from the TEXT-ures range by Lou Collins and wanted to try and make a card using this as both the background and focal point...


I began by inking the whole stencil background in Cracked Pistachio and Speckled Egg Distress Oxides, then removed the stencil and softened the image by blending over the top with the inks, using my blending brushes. I then inked some of the flowers using Cracked Pistachio, Peeled Paint, Tattered Rose, Abandoned Coral and a touch of Wild Honey in the centres, before fussy cutting leaving a white border...


I cut the panel down to 15.5 x 10.5cm and inked the edges with Cracked Pistachio before attaching to a 5 x 7 inch card blank. I cut a white panel 12.5 x 7.5cm and mat this onto cream. I stamped and gold embossed the word Birthday from Waffle Flower Crafts Birthday Sentiments stamp set onto pearl vellum and wrapped it around a piece of peach tone polka dot paper, cut to the card width by 3cm and mat onto cream. I also stamped the word wishes from Bright Rosa's free stamp set with SC&P, embossed with gold and fussy cut, again leaving a white border...


I attached the polka dot panel across the bottom third of the card and then slipped the white panel underneath the vellum strip. I then arranged the flowers before attaching with glue at the bottom and foam pads at the top for a bit of dimension. I added the wishes with foam pads and embellished with some glitter on the birthday sentiment and a few pearls in different sizes...


I just love the soft finish that stenciling and Distress Oxides give and hope I've inspired you to have a play with stencils too!...

Off to get ready for work...I need to win the lottery so I can just play at my crafty table - working is so overrated! 

Crafty hugs,



2 comments:

Minerva said...

This is such a nifty idea - never thought to use a stencil to create a focal point. x

Janice Harrison said...

Such a beautiful card! Thank you for sharing the process of making it.