Saturday 26 October 2013

Day 5...not much to report!

**  Don't forget there's still time to enter our challenge over at Passion for Promarkers, scroll down to see my DT card  **
After the initial speed of works, stripping out the bathroom and kitchen and knocking walls down, we once again came to a standstill on rewire day due to the fact that the contractors couldn't get any electricians! So we are now minus a little more yet not much further on! The sparkies are hopefully coming on Monday and the plan is that they'll get everything done in a day?! We'll see!
We had a bit of a hiccup with the kitchen plan but I have to say, it was swiftly sorted by the contract manager - despite the delay, the contractors have all been great and do a decent job - I just hope it continues!  I still hope that if the new schedule stays on track, I can be painting ceilings by the weekend!?! Cross fingers!
I can see past the dust and debris and see how lovely it will be when it's done, which is what is keeping me positive! As I walk around, I see my beautiful Laura Ashley wallpaper at the top of my stairs, matching fabric on the shoe bench, ottoman and kitchen pelmets, the soft grey walls, oak finish cupboards, dark worktops and purple splashes of colour in the kitchen...not the reality that is uneven, bare plaster walls, sticky plastic on the floors and dust on every surface!  This has been threatened for the last 3 years, so I've had plenty of time to plan! I still don't know how we're supposed to live in it, but it's just a good job MIL lives up the road, so the boys are sleeping there and she's feeding us all too! I will be glad once the worst is over and things start to get better!
Just thought I would update you on the progress,  or lack of it at the moment anyway!  Thanks for dropping by, take care and if you're in the UK,  I hope that the forecast storm heading our way doesn't cause too much trouble!
Big crafty hugs, Lisa x

6 comments:

Ali said...

:-( booo to the fact your sparkies didnt turn up - hope all goes well when they come on Monday xx

Sue said...

Good to that work is progress even if there have been a few hiccups along the way. Well done for staying so positive, as you say it will be worth it in the end!
Take care
hugs Sue xx

Carolyn Bell said...

Poor you, we're only having the bathroom done and that's horrendous, good luck and keep us posted on the progress, love Carolyn x

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Lisa, things are moving fast even if you have had a few days held up but it's going to be amazing when it's finished, can't wait to see it! ;)

Hugs
Vicki x

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Lisa, your decor plans sound gorgeous!! It won't be long now!
xx

coops said...

fingers crossed your workmen are now working hard lisa :D

xx coops xx