Tuesday 8 October 2013

Passion for Promarkers - Snow is Falling...

Hello again, dear Bloggers!  It's time for another new challenge over at Passion for Promarkers this week and our theme has been set by the lovely Eileen, who has chosen 'Snow is Falling...'  Now I know we all have good intentions at the start of the year that we will make a number of Christmas cards every month and that by now we will have most of them done!  However, the reality all too often is that, it is now the beginning of October and we haven't even managed to make half  a dozen!  So, get out your snowflakes, dust off your snowman stamps and join us in Eileen's challenge of creating something Wintry!  It doesn't have to be for Christmas, but could be a Winter birthday card, or just sending good Winter wishes...whatever the occasion, we want to see the white stuff!  We are sponspored this week by the fabulous Lili of the Valley who are offering one lucky winner, picked at random, a £10 voucher for their store...
Don’t forget you must use your Letraset products (i.e. promarkers, flex markers, aqua markers, tria markers, metallic markers or neon markers) and of course follow the theme.
 ...I decided to go with a white on white theme, using a brilliant sketch from Mojo Monday - #250.  I love this sketch for creating white embossed cards as there are so many layers to create texture.  For the embossing, I used Cuttlebug Random Snow & Swiss Dots and a Snowflake Frame folder which I'm not sure of the manufacturer...
...I used Cloud Blue, Dolphin Blue, Sea Mist and Lilac Pro/Flexmarkers for the coloured layers and added some lilac organza ribbon...
 ...I used a very light colour scheme for the church image, using Meadow Green, Glacier Blue, Pastel Beige, Cool Grey 1, Buttercup and Blender.  I highlighted the fallen snow with Frosted Lace Stickles and sprinkled with Glamourdust whilst still wet so that it gave more sparkle.  

The snowflakes are made from Marianne Designs Snowflake dies and some have been layered for added depth.  The silver scalloped circle is also a Marianne die from one of the doily sets...
 ...I embellished with a double organza bow, pearls, dew drops, pearl effect stars and some Stickles Stardust on the snowflakes, then finished inside with an insert printed with snowflake corners and the sentiment 'Season's Greetings'.
I hope you can join in with our challenge this week and don't forget to hop on over to the Passion for Promarkers blog to see what my fabulous teamies have been up to...
Crafty hugs,
Lisa x
 I'd lke to enter my card into the following challenges :
Songs - Winter Wonderland
Sing a Song - Winter Wonderland
Anything Goes
Anything Goes

14 comments:

Sue said...

Stunning card Lisa. Such a beautiful image, I love all the sparkle you have added and the embossed layers look gorgeous.
hugs Sue xx

WeirdCat said...

So beautiful, love all the layers, thank you for joining us at I♥ProMarkers this week
Ruth x

Crafty KJ said...

Gorgeous card Lisa and the white on white is really effective on this snowy card. The layout is great and I love the different colours on this Christmas card. Hugs, Karen xx

Jane said...

Hi dear Lisa, wow what a stunning snowy card you have made. I love all the embossing and the unusual shape.The glitters sparkle so beautifully. This really makes me feel Christmassy...just gorgeous. Hope all is well, keep warm a cold blast is on it's way, hugs, Jane x

coops said...

so stunning lisa.the white on white design is beautiful and i love your gorgeous image and embossing :D

xx coops xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card Lisa thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
Hugs Dianne xx

Jac’s Playground said...

Gorgeous card, so pretty, feminine and elegant, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

Lorraine said...

Saw this on the challenge blog, but had to come and tell you how stunning it is. It's a beautiful card.

Unknown said...

Ooooh that's beautiful Lisa - just soooo elegant. Love all the embossing.

Sarah

PS - you are obviously much more trendy than me - I'd no idea what ombre was!!!

Karina Bunkenborg said...

Very beautiful card with lovely embossing! Thank you for joining us at MAWTT

Anet's Crafting said...

Your card is so beautiful Ella, I love all the embossing layers and snowflakes.

Shelly said...

Hi Lisa... oh how your card looks magical, so beautiful! Just the perfect Christmas card xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous card. So elegant. Thank you for playing along at Southern Girls Challenge. Amy ~craftnerdiscool.blogspot~

Kelly A. Clark said...

Hi, Lisa! I am desperate to get my hands on the random snow folder you used on this card. It seems that it may have been available only in Europe, as I can't even find an American reference to it. Could you provide me with any kind of label or marking that might help me better identify the folder? Do you know if can still be found on store shelves? Beautiful card!