Sunday 31 May 2020

Totally tropical...

Good morning, crafty friends! I have recently subscribed to Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine and my first copy dropped through the letterbox the other day...having card orders and kits to get ready, I haven't had time to play until last night, when I managed to get an hour or two in and came up with this tropical themed card...
 
I love the bolder colour palette - taking me out of my pastel comfort zone, once again!...
 
 
How I made it :
 
I inked the embossing folder with Peeled Paint Distress Oxide, using a piece of Cut n Dry foam to apply it to the printed side of the embossing folder. Once embossed, I applied Cracked Pistachio and Salty Ocean Distress Oxides to the raised areas and then blended around the edge with Tuxedo Black Memento. I have to say, I am getting much braver with my use of black and think it works great with brighter colour tones and really makes the colours pop!...
I coloured the flowers with Pro/Flexmarkers - Watermelon, Cerise, Shocking Pink, Vermillion and Lemon and for the leaves, I used Apple, Grass and Forest Green
I used a strip of green polka dot paper from the Telephone set of A Play on Words and one of the sentiments from the free stamp set. I have added a touch of gold glitter to the ends of the stamens, but it doesn't show up very well on camera...and a few enamel dots and gems broke the white space a little.

I hope you like my tropical themed card and think I'll be playing with the flamingo next...
 
Crafty hugs,

2 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is beautiful, just been admiring it on FB

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous tropical card and really love the embossing folder great hot pink and green colour combo
Carol x