Wednesday 22 July 2020

Gatefold aperture card...

Good afternoon, crafty buddies! I was supposed to be tidying my craft table in preparation for our video workshop tomorrow, only I got a bit distracted by this month’s copy of Simply Cards and Papercraft!…

I noticed that one of the challenges this month in the Craftworld Forums is to create a gatefold card…well I have to admit, I haven’t made one for literally ages! Just to complicate things a little more (because I can never do anything simple!), I decided to create a gatefold aperture card and used the porthole stamp to create a frame around it….




I stamped the lighthouse and shells with Versafine and coloured with Distress inks for a change and inked some light clouds with a blending brush. I couldn’t get the porthole to stamp clearly, so added some eyelet die cuts in silver. I placed the ship’s wheel sentiment inside the card so that it aligned with the aperture and added the ‘Seas the Day’ sentiment on the front. The strip of blue anchor paper is from my Words at Play CD and I finished with my obligatory 3 grey pearls


Thanks for popping by and I hope you like my nautical creation! I'd best get back to tidying my table, as I seem to have managed to make more mess rather than clear up!

Have a wonderful Wednesday and I'll be back soon with some more craftiness!

2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous sea themed card love all the stamps and the gatefold design-never tried colouring with distress inks
Carol x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

super card , wonderful design . jane x