Thursday 9 July 2020

More daisies...

Good afternoon, my lovelies! It's another grey and dreary day here in North Wales, but I have been doing a little crafting in between household jobs...

I have created another daisy card, similar to the pink and aqua one of my last post, but this time, I embraced bolder colour tones with reds, yellow and oranges...


If you don't like using a graphics program, this card was made just using the default Windows Photo viewer...and here's how...

1. Open the Daisy no line digistamp by double clicking on it in it's containing folder (it should open in Windows Photos, unless you have changed your default settings)
2. Click Print
3. In the Print window, change the settings so that the Paper Size is 4"x 6" and the Photo Size is 3.5 x 5in
4. Place paper in the printer - I cut an A4 sheet into quarters (14.8 x 10.5cm) and although this is slightly different in size to 4x6 photo paper, I find that it is close enough. In my printer, I have a separate drawer for smaller size paper, but if not, just set the paper guards in your paper feed tray to 4"x 6" and fit the paper.
5. Change the Copies in the Print window to 3 and click Print...

I then coloured the daisy images with my alcohol markers, before cutting out with my scissors, leaving a white border. I cut away the leaves on the red flower, as I felt that there would be too many otherwise...
Colour List :
Orange flower - Pumpkin, Bright Orange, Sunset
Red flower - Sunset, Firebrick, Burgundy
Yellow flower - Lemon, Mustard, Gold
Leaves - (Spectrum Noir) Willow, Bamboo, Camo Green



I held the flowers in my hands and arranged them into a bouquet, then attached them together with a small amount of glue where the stems touched on the reverse.

Next, I prepared the white card panel (11.5 x 16.5cm) by inking with Pistachio and Peeled Paint Distress Oxides, before matting onto a rich, brown cardstock (12 x 17cm).

This time, I placed the flowers on the white side of the panel, with the coloured section to the right hand side and attached the stems with glue and the flower heads with various depth foam pads.

I finished the card by stamping a sentiment from the free stamp set of Issue #205 Simply Cards and Papercraft and matting onto the same brown cardstock, then adding some sequins, pearls and gems.

It's amazing how different the same image can look when different colour combinations are used and it was nice to get out of my pastel comfort zone for a change! I hope you've enjoyed my step by step tutorial and would love to see any creations that it inspires! Have a terrific Thursday and I hope that the sun is shining for you...

Hugs,

2 comments:

Kym said...

what a fabulous card Lisa.... i am definitely going to have a go at this one.... also going to try the bee ones as well.... your stuff is awesome i love it .... thanks ... Kym xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the bright coloured flowers
Carol x