Sunday 26 April 2020

Inspiration...

I often see posts of people asking where do you find inspiration for cardmaking and I have to say that one of my biggest inspiration is sketches....When asked to make a specific card for someone, or when I have a certain image to use, I can visualise different sketches I have used over the years depending on the image shape - circular, square, or fussy cut, etc...and obviously tend to have a few old favourites...




I just wanted to share a couple of places that have given me HUGE inspiration over the years - the first is Jen's Deconstructed Sketch (I don't think that it is still going, but it is still a great source for me and her cards are always fabulous too!) She still blogs her creations, so you can find inspiration there too...

Secondly is Mojo Monday...I thought that this too had stopped, but then I discovered that the fabulous Julee now posts on her personal blog (how did I miss this?!) Her cards are pretty inspirational anyway, but having a sketch and challenge, so you can see other people's take on them is an amazing wealth of inspiration...
I hope that, like me, you will find inspiration from these places and hopefully a little from myself too - I love to share my passion for crafting and if I can help a fellow crafter in any way, I am so happy to do so...
Crafty hugs,

1 comment:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Hi Lisa, Popped over here after seeing your post on FB. I've neglected blogland too lately and I don't tend to post much on FB either, time is just so limited and I've found that once I get on these platforms suddenly a few hours have disappeared! Maybe I should just be more disciplined :)
I love your style and the way you create such great clean and simple designs but also your layering of patterns and papers on more elaborate cards too. Fabulous cards on your blog today and I will certainly be looking at the links you posted to help with my inspiration too.
Take care and hope you are staying safe and well in mind and body x
Lorraine