Sunday 26 April 2020

Wild Rose card...

Good afternoon, crafty friends!

Following on from my last post on inspiration and how I often use sketches, I am back with a card created using one of my all time favourite Mojo Monday sketches #257...

I have also revisited my Wild Rose Project Kit, which has been relisted in my Etsy store HERE...

Now I have been a little bit dim in my choice of colour scheme, as the whole point of this post was to show you how to paper piece the roses instead of colouring them, but as I've done them in pink, you could just use the precoloured images instead...duh! But anyway, here's how I did the paper piecing and you could try it in a different colour!...
 I opened a 4x6 photo size page in my graphics program and added all the digistamps to the page, resizing them to 60% so that they all fit on. I printed 2 copies on 4x6 sized paper and then put the paper back in the printer, before printing the green gingham and pink circle patterned papers over the top - by changing the printer settings to 4x6 photo paper and the sizing to Shrink to Fit, it resizes the pattern so that it is smaller...
 I added some shading to the flowers using Dusky Rose, Pale Pink and Blender Promarkers with Buttercup and Mustard yellow in the centre, then cut out the flower areas, removing the leaves...
 I shaded the leaves with Forest Green, Apple and Blender and cut this layer out, being careful to cut around the leaf areas properly, but roughly cutting the rest...
I then adhered the pink layer over the green, using the second individual flower as a decoupage layer over the top of the flower with leaves to make a fuller bloom...
Here's the layer dimensions, if you would like to recreate this card, or use your own papers and image...
Pink circle - 14 x 12cm
Pink plaid - 12 x 5.5cm
Pink - 12 x 1.5cm
Green - 12 x 9cm
Green gingham - 11.5 x 8.5cm
Cream - 17.5 x 4cm (fishtail one end)

If you'd like to recreate this exact card, you can find the Wild Rose project Kit in my Etsy store, HERE - it is just £2.40 for 9 A4 printable sheets, including these 3 coordinating papers, plus all the elements to use in your graphics program

I hope you like my floral creation and if I have given you the inspiration to try a card like this, then please share your post and let me know...

Crafty hugs,

2 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Such a beautiful card Lisa love it

Julie said...

Beautiful Lisa - love your stamp and how you've put it all together!! Clever lady!! Hugs, Juliexx