Thursday 30 April 2020

Daffodils...

Good morning, crafty friends and a happy, if somewhat soggy Thursday to you all...it is Thursday, isn't it?!! I have totally lost all concept of time and days of the week - it is just like one long weekend!

I must admit though, the one benefit of all of this is that I seem to have found a new enjoyment of crafting! There is a lot of uncertainty around my hubby's job, so I am trying to use what I have and revisit some of my own designs, rather than spending...I so wish that my crafty hobby could help to generate a little income for us, especially in these worrying times, but at least it seems to fund itself for the moment and keeps me out of trouble!

I saw a pretty Mother's Day card over on Honey Bee Stamps Facebook page and wanted to have a go at recreating it...so out came the dies and I looked through, finding shapes that I had to make the different elements...


Now I know that daffodils have 6 petals, but it seems that I don't have any 6 petal flower dies, so I used my Sweet Dixie Christmas Rose die as the main flower. I then found an XCut button with a frilly edge that I thought would do as the centre and cut a hole in the middle using the little eyelet die from the Marianne Collectables, Karin's Bird COL1443...I coloured the flowers with Yellow Promarker and added shading with Gold and Pumpkin, then inked the edges with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink, popping the centres up on small bits of foam pad ...


I can't remember the make of this leaf border die, but it is one of my favourites and I also used the leaves from the Agapanthus die from Tim Holtz Wildflower Stems #1. I coloured them with Apple Promarker and added some shading with Forest Green...



I printed off the watering can from Words at Play, printing it with a Photo Size of 3.5 x 5 inches, then fussy cut it out. The papers are the Makeup Spots paper from Another Play on Words and the Telephone Polka Dot from Words at Play and I used a Creative Dies Scalloped rectangle for the topper.

I tried to keep everything else on the card quite simple and muted, as there is a lot going on, on the topper. I finished the centre of the flowers with small pearls, added string and a bow, and a stamped sentiment...and here's the image that gave me the inspiration in the first place...





Well I suppose I should go and do some housework, but I would like to have a go at the wax paper emboss technique that Gina K shared on her facebook video last night...it's a technique that I've been wanting to try for years...ah, what the heck?! Nobody's going to be calling to visit anyway - time to get the iron out! And if you want to follow me on Facebook, you can find me HERE

Hugs,

1 comment:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a lovely card Lisa and those 3D daffodils look gorgeous. Well done you for searching your stash to find dies that would create the same result, we all too often think that if we don't have that specific die then we can't do it.
I think the leaf border die might be from Cheery Lynn judging by the colour of the metal.
Lorraine