Monday 27 April 2020

We can all make boo boos...

Good morning, crafty buddies and a happy, if somewhat cooler, Monday to you all!

So, when is a rose not a rose?...when it's a poppy, of course!...

After making a bit of a boo boo by choosing  pink to try and demonstrate overprinting patterns onto my Wild Rose digistamp, I decided to have a go at a red rose by using a red polka dot paper from the Apple set of Words at Play...but when it was printed, I thought that it looked rather like a poppy, so got the old cogs turning!
I shaded the flowers with Burgundy, Crimson and a Blender Promarker and added some Cool Grey 5 to the centres, then cut out all of the flowers, plus an extra one to decoupage...I used the stems from my Tom Holtz Wildflower daisy and attached them together, adding a string bow...

Now this top photograph is how I wanted my card to be - clean and simple, minimal layers...but after completing and clearing away my crafty table (I know?!) I picked my card up and noticed that some of the black glitter had attached with static to the card front - so I got out my soft dusting brush and went over the card front...
...promptly smudging my perfectly stamped sentiment! I did consider tryingto hide it with a butterfly or flower, but just don't think it would have suited the style and would have looked like I was trying to hide something...
...So my card now looks like this. I don't dislike it, it's just blooming annoying that I had done everything and at the last moment managed to bodge it up! So you see, we can all make boo boos at times, no matter how long we've been crafting, or how proficient we/others think we are!

I'm not too upset, as I am really happy with the result of this one, even if the card itself was a happy accident! Hope you like it too...

You can find my Wild Rose Project Kit in my Etsy store HERE for just £2.40...

Crafty hugs,


1 comment:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

It happens to the best of us but the skill is how we hide the said boo boo :)
If you hadn't told us we wouldn't have known Lisa as your card looks lovely just as it is.
Lorraine