Thursday 21 May 2020

Anemone...

Good evening, crafty friends! I'm popping in to share a card that I made using the bonus image from my Buttercup Mini Kit...

When I'd coloured my Buttercup image up, I thought that it resembled in shape to an anemone flower, so decided to colour one up in shades of pink with dark centres...and I think that I was right....on looking again, I suppose you could even colour them red and have them as poppies too?!...
I used papers from the Wild Rose and Fuchsia kits and used the out of frame technique to cut the image. If you haven't done this before, here's a step by step of how to do it...
 1. Place your die over the image to see which parts sit outside of the cut line...
2. Cut in from the outside edge to the nearest point of each part that needs to be cut (in this case the leaves) and then cut along the image line, ensuring that you do not cut away any parts of the white area, but just cut along the image line...as shown in red above...
3. Place the die over the image (cutting side down) and ensure that the areas that you have cut are on top of the die, secure with low tack tape...
4. Put through your die cutting machine and it will cut the shape but leave the areas that were outside of the die, as above...

I then matted the image onto a cream scalloped circle die and assembled the card...

Dimensions :
Pink circle (Wild Rose kit) - 14cm square 
(edges inked with Victorian Velvet)
Pale Pink - 11.5cm square
Pink Dot (Wild Rose kit) - 11cm square
(edges inked with Victorian Velvet)
Pale Green - 14 x 3.5cm
Green Gingham (Wild Rose kit) - 14 x 3cm
(edges inked with Peeled Paint)
Green stripe (Fuchsia Mini kit) - 6 x 1.5cm and 4.5 x 1.5cm

I used one of the sentiments from the Buttercups sentiment sheet, cut with an oval die and matted onto pale pink cardstock. I added some black glitter to the centre of the flowers and a couple of pearls to finish...it just shows how different an image can look just by changing the colour tones!

I hope you like my floral make and if you create something similar, I'd love to see it!

Crafty hugs,




1 comment:

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful card and image great colouring-love the pastel colours and layout-thank you for the tips about die-cutting often wondered how this was done lol
Carol x