Sunday 17 May 2020

Fuschia step by step...

So, as promised, I'm back again to share a step by step on how I made this pretty Fuchsia card sample using the papers and precoloured images from my Fuchsia mini kit...


My card base is a 6x6 inch (14.8cm) square...

1. Print off the 3 coordinating papers and the precoloured Fuchsia image x 2 - I printed the image onto 4x6 sized paper (I often do this to save paper) and used Photo Size 3.5 x 5in
2. Cut the Pink circle paper to 13.5cm square and ink the edges - I used Picked Raspberry Distress Ink
3. Attach to your card base, using the adhesive of your choice
4. Cut a piece of the green Fuchsia stripe paper to 14.8 x 4.5cm (14.8cm should be the width of your card base front when folded, but check yours and adjust if needed) Ink the edges - I used Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide
5. Mat the green stripe onto a piece of white paper 14.8cm (or whatever width your card base is) x 5cm
6. Attach the green stripe panel (with white mat) to the centre of your card
7. Cut a piece of white paper 10cm square and attach to the centre of your card

For the aperture topper :

8. Cut a piece of the aqua Fuchsia dot paper to 10.5cm square and cut a circular aperture in the centre, using a 9cm circle die
9. Cut a piece of blue cardstock to 11cm square and lay your dot panel with the aperture on top, ensuring that all the border edges are equal.
10. Holding the dot layer in place, lay a slightly smaller circle die inside the aperture and secure with repositionable tape, then remove the dot layer before cutting. Adhere the two layers together.

11. Attach the aperture topper over the white cardstock in the centre of your card using foam pads.
12. Cut around the Fuchsia image leaving a white border and attach inside the aperture - you will need to use a combination of foam pads and glue to attach the image level.
13. I printed off 2 of the images and decoupaged some of the leaves and main flower, before adding a touch of glitter to the flower stamens
14. Print the sentiment from a graphics program, sizing to 4.5 x 3cm and matting onto a fuchsia coloured cardstock 5 x 3.5cm in size
15. Finish off with some 5mm pearls
................................................................................................

I hope that this little step by step guide is easy enough to follow along and that you will have a go at making something similar...and if you would like to use my Fuchsia image and papers, it is available as a mini kit in my Etsy shop HERE for just £2.40...

Right, off to tidy my crafty table before I think of starting again and don't forget, if you use my tutorial or any of my images, I would love to see what you create!

Crafty hugs,

1 comment:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and papers love the Fushia image one of my favourite flowers
Carol x