Friday 1 May 2020

Wax paper resist technique...

Good morning, crafty buddies! I have to say, I am on a bit of a roll at the moment and it is a VERY long time since I have managed to get as many posts in between my Passion for Promarkers challenge posts!...

Today, I have a couple of cards to share, using a technique reminded to me by the talented Gina K... wax paper resist. I saw this technique a good few years ago and promised myself to have a go, but have never really been in the right frame of mind to just play...but yesterday, that was different!

The first try I had ended up a little psychedelic...


The wax resist worked great, I just went a little over board with my inks and created a rainbow...I'm sure they'll get used for something and it's amazing what a difference adding a black mat can make...


These were the cards that Gina made, so on my second attempt I just used 2 colours per background...


I had this cutie already printed out on my desk and thought he looked lovely on the tonal background (Abandoned Coral & Wild Honey Distress Oxides edges with Vintage Photo)...


...and then for the other, I used my Wild Rose digistamp (again!) printed to 6 x 8cm (wallet) and coloured with my Promarkers - Primrose, Yellow, Gold, Apple and Forest Green, with Salty Ocean and Pistachio Green Distress Oxide background edged in Vintage Photo. The Taylored Expression embossing folder is the one I used and I love the batique style finish that the technique gives, one side being slightly more subtle than the other...

So how do you do it, I hear you ask? I found this quick tutorial on Pinterest, although the link doesn't seem to work, so here's the picture...


I didn't use glossy paper, but a cardstock that I know will take ink relatively well and it worked fine...

I really enjoyed making these backgrounds and am sure will be making more in the future, but for now, I hope you like them and if you're inspired to have a go, please send me a link to have a look...

The Fox image and Wild Rose images are available to purchase in my Esty store...and if you're on Facebook, be sure to send me a friend request - you can find me HERE

Crafty hugs,

1 comment:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

An informative post Lisa and two fabulous cards created with these backgrounds. I can see that you are enjoying this time of isolation and reconnecting with your creative side. I must admit it is lovely to have more time to just create and not the usual hectic dash to meet deadlines. I am enjoying the more relaxed pace that my life seems to have taken of late and wonder how I will be when it starts to ramp up again, although that doesn't look to be for a while.
Lorraine